Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has purchased the nonturbo base kit and what they think of it? I almost got the dough to get it.. but not sure if its worth it or safe for daily driving due to the lack of major components i.e fmic and so forth. Any feed back would be great. btw not tryin to diss on nonturbo.com i find it to be a great site with very reasonable prices. thanks again-

-Dan

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
SupraMang said:
just wondering if anyone has purchased the nonturbo base kit and what they think of it? I almost got the dough to get it.. but not sure if its worth it or safe for daily driving due to the lack of major components i.e fmic and so forth. Any feed back would be great. btw not tryin to diss on nonturbo.com i find it to be a great site with very reasonable prices. thanks again-

-Dan

Hey, we have sold the base kit through nonturbo. But there are alot of people running it due to the fact that it is the DaveH kit. The base kit is basically for somebody who wants to piece together a kit and we just provide the main components. I appreciate the kind words and thanks for your interest. I'm sure some people will start responding on the kit. If you have any questions on it or need anything feel free to email me at [email protected]

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool... thanks for the info... I do have a few questions but ill email you later when i get home from work so i can speak to you directly. I'd rather deal with the man and ask you the techy questions :)

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts
Supraman, you planning on going turbo too???
When? We need to meet up man...Im in Marietta...hopefully will have the turbo done B4 the year end.
-Kapil

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
I'm running that base setup currently (bought directly from dave) and my car has run flawlessly the whole time. All that extra power has worn out my auto tranny very fast though!

·
Big Member
570 Posts
rocky did you just install the basic kit? what else did you install to make it work? you still on the stock HG and injectors? also do you have a safc and smic? is an safc needed to run a turbo. the reason i'm asking is b/c i am going to be running the daveh basic setup myself. i have the pt52 turbo but havent gotten the manifold yet.

blur2ed yeah i plan on being turbo by this spring at the latest. i'm down in Mcdonough in henry county. South ATL
Ryan

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
okay here's my list of parts....it can be done and run fine with less, but i went ahead and did all of it at once.

Precision Turbo TE 44 turbo .60a/r
Dave H's cast manifold
Dave H's 3" shorty dp
Dave H's w/g dump tube
6 Delphi 525cc top feed high imp injectors
Walboro GSS341 Fuel Pump
Stock Supra TT SMIC
HKS SSQV bov
Tial 40mm w/g
Sound Peformance N/A-T h/g (double stacked TT h/g's)
ARP head studs
HKS VPC
Apexi S-AFC
Greddy Profec B spec 2 EBC
Greddy Turbo Timer
Greddy Boost and EGT gauges
B&M Tranny cooler
Custom IC piping, midpipe, and oil lines done by Speed Innovations

the car has ran perfect thus far (did run into 1 small boost leak - easy fix) however, I'm auto and my tranny doesn't like more power at all, so I have yet to turn up the boost. 1st and 2nd gear are worthless under boost now, it just revs up and wont shift. It does pull really well on the highway though, boost will peak for me around 8psi (according to EBC). A new built tranny is soon coming.

·
0 Posts
Hmm, i am auto as well, i dont want to pay for a bootlogic $4500 kit since i wont upgrade anything i just want 7to9 psi, maybe i can get the nonturbo kit and a stock TT SMIC?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts