Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys? The name's Alex or Ali, depending on who you talk to lol. Well by now you've probably noticed that I don't own or drive a Supra, but I know a few people that do. One of them is my best buddy and he's the one that lead me here (killamike553). I do drive a domestic and not really a fan of imports, but the Supra has got my respect. I usually don't think of "Supra" when I think of imports so you guys are cool in my book. Anyways, hope to maybe see some of you local guy/gals soon when I ride out with Mike to the supra meets.....

Quick pic of my Stang:

·
Registered
475 Posts
welcome aboard ^ you have the right mentality to be on the forum lol
you will be surprised on how much you can learn from being the forum especially if you decide to go boost one day!

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Yeah, they're fast as fock but I'd rather drive a Supra a hundred times over before I jumped into one of those.
Get behind the wheel of an EVO MR. Those things are insane to drive on a track. They even keep up with a Murchi on a road course. It's a true drivers car. I just sold my MKIV a few months back. I regret it a little but will soon find myself back in the seat of another one, so no worries. You'll see a very familiar pattern on here......those who sell their MKIV's ALWAYS comes back.

Really? Good to know.................

Fuck**

:)
:lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Get behind the wheel of an EVO MR. Those things are insane to drive on a track. They even keep up with a Murchi on a road course. It's a true drivers car. I just sold my MKIV a few months back. I regret it a little but will soon find myself back in the seat of another one, so no worries. You'll see a very familiar pattern on here......those who sell their MKIV's ALWAYS comes back.

:lol:
lol

Yeah i've heard some crazy things about those cars, and I definitely don't doubt they're performance, it's just, they're not my style I guess. Besides, i'm more into the straight-line racing.:agreed:

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
Yeah i've heard some crazy things about those cars, and I definitely don't doubt they're performance, it's just, they're not my style I guess. Besides, i'm more into the straight-line racing.:agreed:
I've seen bone stock Evo 9's running 12.8-13.2 @ ~106-108 in the 1/4 with a 1.7 60'. :eek2: 0-60 in about 4.5 seconds as well.

I just wish they didn't look like a box on wheels. :hay:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've seen bone stock Evo 9's running 12.8-13.2 @ ~106-108 in the 1/4 with a 1.7 60'. :eek2: 0-60 in about 4.5 seconds as well.

I just wish they didn't look like a box on wheels. :hay:
Yeah me too, their quick 1/4 mile times are mostly due to their 60 foots though. I once raced a 12 second EVO when I was a high 13 second car off a roll and lost only by a fender. Shit, if I could pull consistent 1.6-1.7 60fts i'd be in the 12's on motor too lol.

But yeah I agree, they look like shoe boxes on wheels, not much of a true sports car, that's why I really don't like them.

·
95Turbo
930 Posts
Welcome bro.
Never seen your car out on the streets here. Im sure i'll catch you and mike at one of the next supra meets tho.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome bro.
Never seen your car out on the streets here. Im sure i'll catch you and mike at one of the next supra meets tho.
Thanks bro. Where do you live by? I think i've seen your car around....Are you by the Miami Gardens area often? I had a Supra just like yours whiz by me not too long ago, same color and everything, sounded single turbo though.....

·
Speed Addicted
702 Posts
Welcome!! :)

·
95Turbo
930 Posts
Thanks bro. Where do you live by? I think i've seen your car around....Are you by the Miami Gardens area often? I had a Supra just like yours whiz by me not too long ago, same color and everything, sounded single turbo though.....
I live down in Kendall. That wasnt me you saw. I havent driven this car much in the past 2 years, and not at all in just over a year. There's a couple around miami that are similar in color, they all copied my shit tho, ive had it this color for like 3 years now. And the stock anthracite color also resembles it, you prolly saw that. Mines more of a gunmetal pearl. It'll be back on the roads within a month tho (hopefully). Everythings finally coming together on it. New motor, single turbo, fuel, all the goodies. :D See ya around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts