Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!! new to having a supra so i need some help.
I picked the car up in england and drove it back home to Norway.

First thing i checked was if it smoked on startup, no white smoke at all and got in the car and took it for a spinn! first turbo boost up to 0,5 bar or 7 psi and the second turbo only boosts 0,3bar or 4psi. Had to drive the car home and it runs great but the car also keeps overboosting on the first turbo and flats out to 4psi when the second turbo comes online. When the second turbo comes online it takes a couple of seconds at 0 psi before it retches 4psi.

First ting i can say is i dont think the hks evc is set up correctly and need some help whit the settings and some guidelines for setting up the afc controller.
Do you think i should switch to tcc just to see if the second turbo is blown or how much boost i can build?

first time i post pics of the car and hope somebody can help its frustrating looking true the forums, Miss the search button!

Car:
93 j-spec 6spd tt

Mods:

Hks evc2 boost controller
Supposed to have the f-con( cant find it any where don`t think it has it)
Blitz intercooler
apexi afc (old version)
Kakimoto catback exhaust

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm no expert but if it goes 7 - 0 - 4 psi then the 2nd turbo isn't giving you ANY boost. The order of the boosting is turbo 1, then 2 for a short time, then 1+2. There is most likely a leak in the system somewhere that makes #2 not give any boost. When both turbos are supposed to be online you still get some boost from #1 (4psi) even though most of the of air is leaking.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guy`s!

well i fixed the problem this morning, the wastegate hose was disconnected plugged it back in place and clamp`t it down and took it for a test and my god never thought a bpu supra would pull that hard!

Thanks for the help Sebastian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts