Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 86.5 N/A, and I'm running the stock exhaust now. But I also have a 3 inch cat back custom exhaust ( no resonator, no silencers) with dynomax dual outlet muffler. I was told that if I put the 3 inch on I'd be loud as a mofo. Friend of mine said it'd be as loud as the Blitz Nur Spec he used to run. I don't like loud exhausts. Is he right?

Also, (noob question of the year) I can pass smog with just the 3 inch cat back right?

-- Jaguar --

L

·
0 Posts
Jaguar said:
I don't like loud exhausts.

-- Jaguar --
:wtf:

it will be hella loud yes

not sure about your ca laws but as long as you have the cat you should be fine. visual inspection might be tricky.

S

·
0 Posts
Good God SEARCH! Keywords to search for: custom, exhaust, loud, smog, legal, etc... its really not that tough...

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Süprå-Zãçh said:
Good God SEARCH! Keywords to search for: custom, exhaust, loud, smog, legal, etc... its really not that tough...
:rolleyes: It took you longer to write that, ^ than it would have to just answer the question.

(Example: Hella loud. Should pass no problem.)

I'm sorry if I annoy you. I'm sure you had better things to do at 4am then to answer a noobie question. Besides, I did search and I got random stuff. Nothing specific to my set up. The smog thing I just wanted reassurance to what I already read from previous searches, but the real question was the volume. Sorry to bug you oh great one... :hail: Now get over yourself.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
ya this is a tricky question and answer to search for!

3" will make u lose some power and yes will be a bit on the loud side! without a silencer or other "pre cats" or muffler's it will be even louder!

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
9,996 Posts
Oh man... let's see how long it takes to get this thread locked.

hehehhe

Now, for performance get cut outs... for looks, get a nurspec.. for loud... get cutouts... for performance... get cut outs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts