Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, I am new on this board and sumwhat new to supra's. I have already tried the search function for aftermarket manifold and found nothing specific. Unless I am doing something wrong.

So my question is what kind of aftermarket turbo manifolds are available for the mkIII. I was wondering if you guys have pictures of the types of manifold and which one is best for the buck, equal length, etc. any recommendation

I have also heard that stock will do just as good if mildly ported.

thanks,
Khang

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
with the stock manifold. If i wanted to upgrade to a t3 or t4 flange turbo, where can i get the adapter plate from?

thanks,
Khang

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Suprasport.com has them, but you may be able to find them cheaper elsewhere.

·
My name's Scruffy.
1,566 Posts
haha, kidding bro. welcome to the forums.
for a cheap upgrade just port/polish it with flowbenching. or just find a good muffler shop and have them custom make you one..thats the route im going with my big upgrade (no one knows :p )

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Units I know of that are out there:

Cartech cast
HKS cast (at least two versions exist)
HKS tubular stainless
Greddy/Trust tubular stainless
Blitz tubular stainless
RPS tubular stainless
Sound Performance tubular stainless
Ron R's one-off masterpiece :)

All units will allow you to make a lot of power.... My thought (and what I did) - find one used cheap and go with it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks alot guys for the information.

I have seen the cartech cast manifold already. My brother have one and it was crack when he bought it. The welder had the hardest time welding that back together because of the material it was made of.

Will, do you happen to have a picture of your manifold. I like to see where the turbo sits and placement of DP, etc.

Do anyone have pictures of the South Performance Manifold?

but keep the info coming,
khang

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey aljordan, thanks alot for the pictures. Is that yours? if you dont mind do you happen to have a picture of the so I can a see the other side of manifold where all of the runner runs into one piece or closer pictures of the collector.

Otherwise, that's a piece of work. Do you know what material the manifold is made off? stainless 321, 304?

BTW, you engina bay looks good. Keep up the good work

thanks,
Khang

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
ot sure what its made of. It is SS, altho I'm not sure which type.

It is mine. :) Runs about $2k for the header, downpipe, and wastegate.

The picture doesn't really show the porting job on this thing. Its done very well. Everything is smoothed out, and gasket matched.

·
Certified Supra Nut :P
2,001 Posts
I dunno about work of art. the welds look good, but the coloctor in that RPS header is and incredibly poor design. In a straight 6 application, you want to group the front three and rear three cyls together, dirrect thier flow and seperate them as much as possable. This takes advantage of the natuaral alternating balance of the engine. The exhaust impulses hit the turbine wheel harder because they are not canceled out, and flow increases due to natural scavenging. The only reason why that manifold makes power, is becasue of the turbo that is bolted to it. In all reality, the factory manifold probably performs much better.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
not true man...you still end up w/2 cyls fighting each other. there really isn't a good way to do that.....your idea works great for 4 bangers though...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
drjonez said:
certainly not as good as ron's... ;)
hey drjonez, do you care to explain why the ron's manifold is better. Do you have pictures of it and pictures of the collector? If so, can you post them. Thanks

not true man...you still end up w/2 cyls fighting each other. there really isn't a good way to do that.....your idea works great for 4 bangers though...
yeah, the idea does work for 4 banger. I believe the collector help with the spool time.

Khang

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
sammydafish said:
I dunno about work of art. the welds look good, but the coloctor in that RPS header is and incredibly poor design. In a straight 6 application, you want to group the front three and rear three cyls together, dirrect thier flow and seperate them as much as possable. This takes advantage of the natuaral alternating balance of the engine. The exhaust impulses hit the turbine wheel harder because they are not canceled out, and flow increases due to natural scavenging. The only reason why that manifold makes power, is becasue of the turbo that is bolted to it. In all reality, the factory manifold probably performs much better.
This is an equal length header. So each exhuast pulse is directed at the turbine.

Not really understanding why grouping them into 3s, then feeding the turbine would be better. Doing them each seperately would net the same gain.

Unless everyone who made equal length headers has been wrong all of these years.

·
Registered
269 Posts
WHERE CAN I BUY THIS?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts