Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pic at post #15

how do i get my front bumper off, i am having a hard time with it, lol, i know im a noob to the DIY thing

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
The bigger question is why are you taking it off????

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
putting couple bigger things on, and felt like doing it myself 4 once
thanks,

as of right now i have the lights off, and a couple of the screws on the side connecting it to all the other panels, where do i go from here
?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Remove front end panel seal, remove upper retainer clips/retainer, remove lower center clips/retainer, remove the (front) fender liner screws, un-plug side and front turn signals and I believe that should be it. Be sure to get help pulling it off and maybe tape the corners of the fenders and lay a blanket down so you don't scratch anything.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, i have unbolted/unscrewed everything on the side/underneath the car, the part i am now haveing trouble on is these damn plastic screws right infront of my radiator cooling shiny plate thing, i took of the padding seal thing and under neath was these plastic screws, and no matter how much i turn, they wont come out!!! lol, what now?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you have to pull it out. if you screw those up dont worry they are relatively cheap.
lol, you must be one storng dude, cause DAMN! i tried to pull these things off and i couldnt even get them to move!! Any alternative solutions?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
lol, you must be one storng dude, cause DAMN! i tried to pull these things off and i couldnt even get them to move!! Any alternative solutions?
Get a pic and pull the center plastic screws out. Once the center screw is out, the outer sleeve just "pops out".

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
Yeah they are supposed to be kind of screwed out and pulled at the same time. They are a major PITA most of the time. I tried that way, and still broke some of them. The ones directly below that at the main inlet of the front bumper are a pain as well.

Alex

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
Just get some roids man. Is that your trunk in you avatar got a bigger pic I like the nitrous bottle set up.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just get some roids man. Is that your trunk in you avatar got a bigger pic I like the nitrous bottle set up.
ya thats my trunk, the bottle when the carpet down is completely hidden, the way i like it :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
ok, i have unbolted/unscrewed everything on the side/underneath the car, the part i am now haveing trouble on is these damn plastic screws right infront of my radiator cooling shiny plate thing, i took of the padding seal thing and under neath was these plastic screws, and no matter how much i turn, they wont come out!!! lol, what now?
Take a picture if possible and post it up to give us a better idea.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, well i got everything off, took the old greddy 3 row off, and put the new 4 row on. I hooked up the drivers side piping and then when i went to go do the passangers side, i noticed it didnt quite fit, is this suposed to be like this?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Sometime different kit's have different pipe's (bends/cuts). That might be your problem.

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
Sometimes you have to tweak all the pipes a little. Loosen that one going to the turbo. it is a PITA, but sometimes you gotta rearrange all the angles they were originally at as well. On my friend Cisco's car we just went and got a new pipe welded up for there.

Alex

1 - 18 of 18 Posts