Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. Im a noob from Canada, and I'm looking to purchase an MKIV TT Supra!

All I would like to ask is this:

Why, after currency conversion, are UK (private sales) and Japanese (imported) MKIV Supra's so inexpensive compared to ones in the US and Canada?!

A 5/6spd TT in US and Canada in Mint condition can sell for more than $60,000US or 30,000GBP!

I'm seeing excellent condition MKIV's on MKIVSupra.net for MUCH MUCH CHEAPER in Great Britain, the only difference being the RHD. Mint ones for around 10-20k.

WHYYYY!?

Thank you very much.

Yes; Im a noob
Yes; Im sorry if there is an obvious answer

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think in UK they have an option because they are RHD. The option is to import Supra's from Japan, so the locals will forced to sale cheaper.

In the U.S, there is no option to import. If you want a Supra you have to search local. They are rare, and alot of people want to buy them, so the price go up and up.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Oooohh riiight! How could I be so dumb?

We here in North America cannot import a 93.5-98 Supra because of the fact that it is not over 15 years old until...next year, thus leading to the high prices?

Is this correct? And if this is correct, then will there be a huge increase in the amount of Supra's here in the next few years? Which will lead to a decrease in local pricing?????

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oooohh riiight! How could I be so dumb?

We here in North America cannot import a 93.5-98 Supra because of the fact that it is not over 15 years old until...next year, thus leading to the high prices?

Is this correct? And if this is correct, then will there be a huge increase in the amount of Supra's here in the next few years? Which will lead to a decrease in local pricing?????
well wouldn't that work with only the 93's ???

Btw welcome:wavey:

·
You serious?
3,000 Posts
If you're going to import one and convert it, it's going to cost A LOT more than just buying one in North America.

The search function is currently down but if you go to google.com, you can do searches with key words followed by supraforums. Try something like "importing MKIV supraforums". It's been discussed many times here and been concluded that it'll actually cost more in the long run.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts