Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, finally broke down gave in and got a brand new vsv for the FPR from toyota (~45ish from the forums sponsor, not too bad comparing to local)

anyway, dumb question of the day is......

where the hell does it mount? right now it dangles and rather than bang the hell out of it id like to know exactly where it bolts in, cause i felt around only place that kinda looks like it would work is attached to the head under the intake mani (under 1&2 runner) anyone have a pic/drawing of where this thing goes so i dont ruin this thing?

thanks

<l><l>

·
It might run right......?
1,492 Posts
there are 2 under the intake mani one has a braket to bolt it two course for me the lil boot always breaks and i just let it dangle the other bolts the block I THINK sorry i dont have a pic my engine is apart i could have one in 3 days of my engine

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya thats what i think happened, but i want to make sure, cause i dont want this dangling around and banging around so i have to get another AGAIN

<l><l>

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
just bolt them to any place the harness will alow you to stretch it too.. then cut and make a vaccume line to fit it.

i have mine plugged in, but no vaccume going to either of them... should i?

·
Digital Dreamer
898 Posts

Notice where they attach at the bottom of the driver's side of the block? In this diagram you can see both VSV pieces. They bolt into holes made for them in the block.
eric

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
k so i was right then (as block/head area i felt where i thought the bolt went

o well tommrow at work getting a new bolt for it and its going in, thanks for the help

<l><l>

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
What is you dont have the EGR system? what should i do about that hose that connects to the vsv to the egr thing? cuz i think i might not have something connected to it and its been like that for 1.5 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts