Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
TOO broke MK3
Joined
·
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been noticing that the car misfire at boost for like 2 days now so i decide to get new plugs...

anywho while i was talking out the first plug i notice that it was a lot harder to take out... i know it wasnt tighten that tuff since i was the one who replaced it...

the first one came out alright... then when i took out the second one it felt like it slip... so i though cool it was out... then when i took out the spark plugs the thread wasnt there....i was like :eek2: ... the dam thread was left in the motor....

any ideas how to take it out? :dunno:

note that the engine was warm... i should have waited until it was fully cool... dam..
 

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
Joined
·
6,130 Posts
Twin_turbo_mk3 said:
ive been noticing that the car misfire at boost for like 2 days now so i decide to get new plugs...

anywho while i was talking out the first plug i notice that it was a lot harder to take out... i know it wasnt tighten that tuff since i was the one who replaced it...

the first one came out alright... then when i took out the second one it felt like it slip... so i though cool it was out... then when i took out the spark plugs the thread wasnt there....i was like :eek2: ... the dam thread was left in the motor....

any ideas how to take it out? :dunno:

note that the engine was warm... i should have waited until it was fully cool... dam..
Eh? What do you mean by the threads are there? as in the ceramic (too late to remember the name) part broke off?? aight peace :run:
 

·
Republican
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
WHAT!? Unless you broke off the ceramic insulator... I dont see how this could happen
 

·
LexusTico
Joined
·
3,172 Posts
Twin_turbo_mk3 said:
nope as in the whole metalic thread...
huh? just the thread? not the whole spark plug minus ceramic?
 

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
Joined
·
6,130 Posts
Twin_turbo_mk3 said:
nope as in the whole metalic thread...
eh... can you post pics, stick very vague... aight peace :run:
 

·
TOO broke MK3
Joined
·
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im trying to get some pics right now... ganna go buy some bat.... worse time to run out of bat:( b back in 10 minutes
 

·
TOO broke MK3
Joined
·
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
BoostAddctn said:
eh... can you post pics, stick very vague... aight peace :run:
um hope this helps...

thanks to longs for being open 24/7


now for the dam plugs

close up was blurry so i took one shot from far away...





as you can tell one is busted(wthout the threads)

this never happened to me b4... i took out plugs on my dads car while it was hot cause he needed it change asap and it didnt broke... now when its just warn its snap off...

champion brand..... never again...
 

·
Republican
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
:lol: I have never seen that! Save that plug! :lol:
 

·
TOO broke MK3
Joined
·
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i know... dam plugs.... the dam materials that they use on these plugs gets cheaper everyday...

im preaty much open for any sugestion...

if i cant get this out looks like im going for an early rebuilt.... like a year early....dam
 

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
Joined
·
6,130 Posts
eh... champions eh? My experience with champions so far is they fall apart... I stick with NGKs or ND's ... straight punk'd aight peace :run:
 

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
Joined
·
3,378 Posts
damn should have some some anti sieze..... only 99c damn that sucks.
 

·
TOO broke MK3
Joined
·
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TaSe said:
damn should have some some anti sieze..... only 99c damn that sucks.
huh.. how does that work? my dad is an old chool mechanics so he never use one of those... so i never use one iether...seen em on kragen though... do i put it in the threads or what?


onebad7m said:
I have seen that before, use a bolt extractor and it should back out. Make sure you use some WD40 or some kind of penetrant to loosen it up.

bolt extractor? sorry never seen or need one b4... what does it look like?
 

·
TOO broke MK3
Joined
·
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
charlesbboy said:
damn that sucks!well i guess your not gonig to be using the BIC DP i sold you time for a rebuild:dunno:
actually the dp is on my car already :) ... and hopefully the bolt extractor will do the job....
 

·
LexusTico
Joined
·
3,172 Posts
wow that is weird... i've never seen that before either, never heard of it - no wonder we were all confused. if you use that bolt extractor be sure not to get any kind of metal shavings in the engine. good luck!
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Top