Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
just use an easy out as pictured above. Make sure to lubricate the threads, and id use a hammer to drive the easy out into whats remaining of that plug. You should be able to get that out.

~scott

·
Registered
689 Posts
uuughhmmm, i just put champs in my car, havent started it up yet... i think im gonna go take em out, lol.

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
iheart6bangers said:
uuughhmmm, i just put champs in my car, havent started it up yet... i think im gonna go take em out, lol.
too late :kekegay: :)

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
haha be carefull when you take them out, make sure the some thing doesnt happen to you lol

·
Registered
214 Posts
Same thing happened to my roomates Eclipse twice. Same damn plugs too...Champions.

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
ecko344 said:
Same thing happened to my roomates Eclipse twice. Same damn plugs too...Champions.
lol... did he use chapion twice? what was the other brand?

and what did he use to get it out?
what size of the screw extractor?

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
Yeap, I'm scared now! I've got champions in, but will be switching to Autolites in a few days, 2 months on the plugs and they're showing signs of wear already. Note to self, don't remove plugs while engine is warm....

G

·
always use anti-sieze when putting anything steel into some thing aluminuim. Especially in the head on a car. Aluminum likes to grab even more so when its heated.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thats horrid!!! i had 3 small bolts broke in my rebuild, hopefully i wont have to get them out ever, wont the bolt extractor damage the threads? never seen one myself

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
lagged said:
call champion to complain. send them pictures.
i could but then what are they ganna do... replace the champion plug with another one to put in my car :lol: i dont think so...
champion plugs :die:

although they should change their name to Losser or champion of [email protected] up spark plug... :bigthumb:

anyways so i went to kragen today and pic up the screw xtractor.. it was lake 6 piece(def. sizes) for 8 bucks..

and i got the thing out preaty quick.. fairly easy...i was lucky enuff that there wasnt any metal shavings ... yey...

heres the pic... now the screw extractor is stuck in the thread thing lol...

·
mach chicken
1,033 Posts
send champion a bill, parts, labor... and even send them back the plug.. maybe their research and development team can learn from it.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts