Supra Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Use bolt extractor, inspect threads when you get them out to see if any metal-scraps have been left inside the cylinder. Find out if the threads are magnetic and use a magnet-on a stick to get the shit out of the cylinder. if lucky you will get it all if there is anything and wont scratch your cylinder walls!

Other than that i see no option to pull the head :(

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
SavageDK said:
Use bolt extractor, inspect threads when you get them out to see if any metal-scraps have been left inside the cylinder. Find out if the threads are magnetic and use a magnet-on a stick to get the shit out of the cylinder. if lucky you will get it all if there is anything and wont scratch your cylinder walls!

Other than that i see no option to pull the head :(
way to read the entire thread!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well, most posts were just comments about how people never had seen this happen before and how bad that was. I silently skipped that and went on to give him the advice he asked for.

·
kaizen Motorsports
1,405 Posts
SavageDK said:
Well, most posts were just comments about how people never had seen this happen before and how bad that was. I silently skipped that and went on to give him the advice he asked for.
I kind of pointed him in the right direction, but you also skipped that part also. :doh: :)

·
1991 1JZ
1,157 Posts
for what its worth, i havent used anti seize with spark plugs and have never had a problem.

NGK or denso, havent used autolites but the reputable guys say they are good.

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
JoeThaMan said:
Yah, the 2 mistakes you made were:

1: Used Champion plug
2: Didn't use Anti-Seize

The major part was probably #1. There's a reason nobody around here sells champion plugs anymore.

ha ha ha...yup... new things learned... the hard way but i got the point...

and im currently using bosh :(... ill chenge it when i change my oil.. 2k more miles...

41 - 49 of 49 Posts