Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
STUFFD 19INCH WHEEL CLUB!
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to see who will be out at the track on Sunday? I'll be there around
11AM and the weather looks great.

·
Racing Supras since 1995
151 Posts
I may head up there

·
Banned
509 Posts
Wow... not a single supra in Turbo Street. :1poke:

Where was everyone?

·
RIP Sean Taylor
484 Posts
there were 4 sups there: Mines, Brad's, Franky's and RC's posing next to the NTO AE86. It was hot as hell to.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Wow... not a single supra in Turbo Street. :1poke:

Where was everyone?
new rules..all supra's period are in unlimited street.. unless you can make your car front wheel drive...they stuck in me and i was like wtf!?!.. i'm supposed to compete with aap and everyone else running 8's and 9's???? i ran anyways but still... i was the #3 alternate.... they were supposed to take 16 but since there were not enough people in the line up, they took the quickest 8...so i guess i was the #11 qualifier..aka..the last guy since there was only 11 of us...too bad i kept bogging at the line..argh..thats a different story....

·
Banned
509 Posts
new rules..all supra's period are in unlimited street.. unless you can make your car front wheel drive...they stuck in me and i was like wtf!?!.. i'm supposed to compete with aap and everyone else running 8's and 9's???? i ran anyways but still... i was the #3 alternate.... they were supposed to take 16 but since there were not enough people in the line up, they took the quickest 8...so i guess i was the #11 qualifier..aka..the last guy since there was only 11 of us...too bad i kept bogging at the line..argh..thats a different story....

That blows...I guess NOPI is turning into the new Nhra b.s.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
i went drove around in the boostfed golf-kart then got sun burnt :( idunno why i still go, i saw that they changed the class so the sc sat in the drive way.

the first day the white mk3 with the 1jz was sick.

·
Banned
509 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
i was wondering how it went? i didn't go i always skip th May nopi an go to OC. sad to hear such a low supra turn out... i bet there was more supras in OC for the hot rod event than at nopi. :nuts:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I think pretty much everyone with a supra opted not to run in Nopi... Nopi has successfully turned the street class into a class that is more consistent and as fast as the Pro street tire class...:hay: Check the results and you'll see what I mean.

Compare the unlimited street class...class for street supra, to the pro street tire class. God damn shame if you ask me.. They finally had the street classes figured out last year with turbo street. Some of the best racing I've been a part of over the last 5 years.

·
Racing Supras since 1995
151 Posts
I think pretty much everyone with a supra opted not to run in Nopi... Nopi has successfully turned the street class into a class that is more consistent and as fast as the Pro street tire class...:hay: Check the results and you'll see what I mean.

Compare the unlimited street class...class for street supra, to the pro street tire class. God damn shame if you ask me.. They finally had the street classes figured out last year with turbo street. Some of the best racing I've been a part of over the last 5 years.
man, i'm so glad i'm not racing anymore. I mean first I hear they let the damn domestics race in the import racing, which, in my 10+years racing imports that is the one thing that always remained the same, import racing=imports. But, now this, bullshit. Sorry to hear that. I don't even enjoy watching it anymore, all the cars are pretty much sponsored race cars like you watch on tv. What happened to the good ole days of watching some fast street cars?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
man, i'm so glad i'm not racing anymore. I mean first I hear they let the damn domestics race in the import racing, which, in my 10+years racing imports that is the one thing that always remained the same, import racing=imports. But, now this, bullshit. Sorry to hear that. I don't even enjoy watching it anymore, all the cars are pretty much sponsored race cars like you watch on tv. What happened to the good ole days of watching some fast street cars?
Amen... A damn shame...

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
man that is ashame. i do see what you are saying about comparing the times in the classes. when i was having my friends tell me the results i was getting lost as to what car was in what class?

sounds like if you have a supra that dosen't run 8's with a cage your not gonna get any place?

what they really need is a " real street" class or "tag class" cars that are not fully sponsored race cars. maybe set a high time limit an low limit, like 9.00 an if your faster you bump up a class. an 10.99 low time?(example) an do not split it by motor, power adder, fwd, rwd, awd, just say any car with safety equipment required to run them times makes the class.

·
Banned
509 Posts
MIR needs to bring the IMSTAR series back; heck i'm sure then alot of supras will show up.

·
Registered
214 Posts
They arn't doing well anyhow since X-box left them as a sponsor. The Turbo Street class was fast too, not high 8 sec cars like the unlimited class, but the first 5 cars were all low 9's. I would have been more competative if I learn how to launch my damn car :(
I will say thanks to Paul @ MSP for doing one hell of an alignment on my car. Its never tracked so straight.
Battle of the Imports is coming July 12th, I believe. Thats decent because its only one day, not dragged out into two days. Pinks all out is next week so Matt and I can have some fun there.....:)

·
Racing Supras since 1995
151 Posts
If I wanna see a mustang or camaro, I can go to any track in America three days a week and see that. Yeah, bring back Imstar, or IDRC, or hell NIRA, for those who remember, the power 6 category(I always used to win those).

·
Registered
428 Posts
I remember the Power 6 days...

Ah, nostalgia.

·
Registered
756 Posts
MIR had a "street car only" day a few weeks back. Man was that a joke. Street car my ass, there were tubbed out cars with slicks and parachutes running, wtf!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
They arn't doing well anyhow since X-box left them as a sponsor. The Turbo Street class was fast too, not high 8 sec cars like the unlimited class, but the first 5 cars were all low 9's. I would have been more competative if I learn how to launch my damn car :(
I will say thanks to Paul @ MSP for doing one hell of an alignment on my car. Its never tracked so straight.
Battle of the Imports is coming July 12th, I believe. Thats decent because its only one day, not dragged out into two days. Pinks all out is next week so Matt and I can have some fun there.....:)
ya i'll be runing pinks aswell. im in the middle of getting a fuel system this week or next week an a fresh tune. i hope to be down on race gas an 29 pounds with a built auto an boost logic 67dbb kit. it will be my 1st time running the car on the new setup so we'll see how i do? but best of luck to you all running an see ya there.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts