1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Boost Junkie
12,385 Posts
That server is really slow. 10kbps, no thanks.

Steve K.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Regardless of the circumstances, this weekend was a blast for me down at NOPI. Hadn't been since my son was born in last Sept. I lost a motor from a carrillo rod being slung out the side of the block from a severe NOS backfire. Things were scary watching the pass of Chris A. The Honda driven by a NOPI Chic broke an axle on the top-side. She hit the wall twice full on.

Orin B Sr

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
someone rehost this vid... my shit has been down loading it for 20 minutes and still has 56 to go..lol..

jay

·
...For Me to SUP On!!
211 Posts
I'm glad to hear that a) Chris wasn't hurt and b) the car didn't impact anything...

Wasn't his car running the Driveshaft Shop HD axles?? If so, that's not good news on the strength of these pieces... Any info on exactly what part of the axle broke?

D

·
0 Posts
Line Lock

He left the line lock on. They drove it back to the pits wouldnt it be kind of hard to do with a broken axle

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, I asked Chris what had happened and he told me a axle. however I'm sure he was shaken up a bit and they had not checked it out yet when I asked him. So if he can clarify that would be great. Regardless great save and I know they will have everything back together shortly.

Yes if someone can rehost that would help!

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
Id like to know what happened the first round of qualifying on day one the car had lots of tire shake around the 60' mark. The titan can looked like it was on cruse control. However both cars looked awesome both days. The Titan and MSP camps just make it look way to easy.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Ball Bearing Talon said:
Id like to know what happened the first round of qualifying on day one the car had lots of tire shake around the 60' mark. The titan can looked like it was on cruse control. However both cars looked awesome both days. The Titan and MSP camps just make it look way to easy.
Gary's been fighting to get a cup-holder put in the car but Nero won't budge. :bigthumb:

·
Living the dream...
539 Posts
???????

diablomotorsport said:
He left the line lock on. They drove it back to the pits wouldnt it be kind of hard to do with a broken axle
Leave with the linelock on? No...

It's a solid diff.... It only needs one axle to move. That's why she went sideways - 1300+ hp to one sorry ass 10" wide drag radial...

The Titan team was in our trailer and saw the broken axle...

Where were you?

·
Living the dream...
539 Posts
93HRDTOPTT said:
All I can say is Chris from AAP motorsports can drive!!! His axle snapped sending hims sideways! Things could have been a lot worse. Great driving Chris and it's good you are ok.
Thanks, he's a PITA but he can drive. :)

Sound Performance said:
Nice save Chris. Hope the car is ok!
Just a little paint, etc... Nothing serious.

Justalilboost said:
very nice save, the car was running awesome saturday
Yea, she's a beast... Just a little hard to handle sometimes. :)

·
4,109 Posts
Sucks about the car, but is Chris ok?

·
www.aapmotorsports.com
140 Posts
Hey guys we just made it back to the shop. All things considered we had a blast in MD and congrats to MSP on the win and a new NDRA official ET record.

First off thanks for all the concern Chris is fine and the car will be back testing this weekend. The parts are at paint as I type and a new radiator on the way, all the damage was pretty minor we drove it back to the pits and on the trailer. It hit at pretty low speed and had the wall been five feet further he may have stopped it in time.

We spent all weekend chasing the tires with traction and tire shake problems and that last pass we had the tires and tune for a good pass this was our fist run on the BFGs with the new setup and since they outlawed the Mickey Tompson radials, It feels very good to be able to chase down the problems with only a few passes to adjust to.
It made the 60' in 1.38 then the bottle hit and the axel let go slinging the car into Garrys lane, the car turned and crossed the line before anything could be done and Chris did a nice job keeping it from going head first into the wall. Had we been on slicks it most likely would have been on the lid.

We were running the Drive Shaft Shop axels we helped developed. Its to soon to say what the reason was for the break, although it looks like we just overpowered them at this time. The passenger broke and the drivers is twisted pretty bad both failing at the joint by the wheel hub, the snapped one broken just behind the splines. This is the first problem we have had with them and we are working on just what happened and why.

The car was set on kill and we may have had a bit to much in it, time will tell. But onto the good news we will see everyone in Virginia in two weeks and bring your A game because we are coming to win ;)

·
www.aapmotorsports.com
140 Posts
diablomotorsport said:
You know very little about line lock and how it works to event venture that guess not to mention low 8sec drag cars with glides dont use line lock to launch they use a trans break.

Also we broke axles all last year and drove back to the pits every time.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
It was nice meeting the AAP crew... not many race teams take the time to talk to people when making adjustments :) (I was the guy asking about the fan shroud). The car looked amazing up close and on the track! Hopefully I can make it out to VA.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts