Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still have my stock dual-mass flywheel. Is there a local machine shop that can check and surface it? I am covering all of my options. Thanks.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Toyota do not require having them turned but I've broken a few rules and put it to the test, and so far All of them seem to hold up with zero issues.

Check your PM?

·
4,655 Posts
You Do Not want to have your run of the mill machine shop machining the V160's flywheel.

Send the flywheel to Southbend they have a special rig to do the V160's flywheel.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You Do Not want to have your run of the mill machine shop machining the V160's flywheel.

Send the flywheel to Southbend they have a special rig to do the V160's flywheel.
Is this machine shop in Southbend Indiana? Just want to be sure before I call. Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Toyota do not require having them turned but I've broken a few rules and put it to the test, and so far All of them seem to hold up with zero issues.

Check your PM?
I have about 90k on the original flywheel. The garage said that it appeared to have been turned once. It may be that all I have is a lump of steel now.

How did you put it to the test?

·
Bully
5,318 Posts
I think zum means south bend clutch

South Bend Clutch, Inc.
709 W. Jefferson Blvd.
Mishawaka, IN 46545

800-988-4345
574-256-5064
574-256-2568 Fax

1 - 7 of 7 Posts