Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was the Mitsubishi Club's 30-130 day today, and times varied. I think the slowest was about 25ish seconds from 30mph to 130mph. I managed to eek out a respectable 17.86 seconds :) ...

There were some really fast evo's there that did 10 seconds or so, with 600bhp.

...Then Simon Norris in his evo IX did 6.19 seconds!!! :faint: !!!

anyway, some pictures.

The queue infront of me. The IX GT did 13.22 seconds with a standard turbo frame.

The queue behind me...mine's the Red MR

And Simon Norris'

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,920 Posts
SWEET!!! :drool:

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
That's awesome. Thanks for the vid! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MarcSMT said:
That means absolutely nothing to me.

Why do 30-130?
It means more in terms of real world performance. It takes out any differences between cars and drivers if launching. It's just a Vbox run through 30mph up to 130 mph.

Simon Norris will be at some drag events this year hoping to get into the 8's. His first drag event (and only so far) in this car he managed a 9.7 run. He'll also be doing a Time attack track sprint and probably TOTB. This car is designed and built to win drag, track and top speed.

Only one evo blew his thrust bearing through his clutch, but that was heavily modified and the clutch wasn't. No problems with any of the other cars.

The full breakdown of times is below

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
im looking at it right now in this months super street. crazy car...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wtfx100 said:
AMS> Norris
:faint: :lol: . The AMS car is very nice, and has put up some great numbers, but you can't compare the cars. The Norris car uses no nos, and street tyres, and is designed primarily for track use. The AMS car is a drag car.

It would have been nice to have one AMS prepped car at the event, but the owner was on holiday, so he couldn't come.

·
Diehard 4G63/AWD User
666 Posts
6 seconds is moving on street tires. I checked one of my old track logs and the best was a slow 11.31sec. 30-130mph. Trapped 126-127mph in the 1/4 on that one.

It would have been interesting to see the AMS car run. Probably 5 seconds or quicker? :drool:

Nice pix and nice event.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
thats fucking moving. But remember how much lighter that car is since its been gutted and shorten, plus its disturbing less air with the underpinnings

1 - 20 of 80 Posts