Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In respect to all the previous small meets most of us had in the past, we all haven't really had a good meet in a while. Sure there was the Fast and the Furious, Central Cali, SF, Tapioca Express, Union City, Starbucks, and the Marina meets etc. But last time I checked, the meet at Jake's Pizza that Ting(TZL) threw over 3 years ago was when a pretty damn good amount of Supras actually came out. I don't know if it's a good idea or not to have a meet and personally I'm really not itching to have one but damn it, IT"S BEEN A LONG TIME and sooner enough the weather is going to be real nice.

How many Supras are now left in the Bay considering the amount of people who moved, crashed, sold, bought. Well the intentions of this post is to give everyone a heads up in terms of 1. If we can get a good amount of people to show up. And 2. To try and find the absolute best day when the larger majority of people who are willing to go are free, not to mention when it's nice outside. In all honesty, I don't want to make this event complicated and/or a cumbersome task for me or anyone else to get together. Let's use this thread to open up suggestions and ideas but like I said earlier, let's keep it smooth and simple. For example I know for a fact people are going to want to go on a cruise whether it's small or whatever but in respect to the guys with low mileage Supras, who run race gas 24/7, distance complications, etc. I opt to save that for a different day. In my opinion, a nice restaurant for dinner or what ever should go a long way compared to having a BBQ.

EDIT:
I just noticed that there's another thread about having a meet but I still want to keep this one here just for politics. No offense to the person who started the other one but for this one, it would be nice to try and get as many Supras out as possible. I don't know how but my best guess is to call/message all the guys rather than just posting it on this forum, spread the word to the respectable guys, and make this shit as balanced as possible. I won't lie and everybody knows it if only 5 MKIV's are willing to show and 20 MKIII's, that's going to suck.;)

·
JZA70 or go home!!
2,495 Posts
yah the past meets were cool, it takes vinze to unite us up, dinner at a good place sounds nice.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Vince, are ex supra owners invited? I miss the good ol days, the meets back in the day were badass. Even though i dont have a car really worth cruising with, I still like to tag along for ol times sake. Im sure carlo and jason would be down and a good amount of people would be down if its at the right time.

PS- still want to see your 98...hehe

Mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm down for a meet also but I would only be available on June and July since I am out the area due to school. If u guys can do it during those two months, I'll for sure go.

AC

·
Supra Poobah
1,391 Posts
I am down but a nice drive though woodside (hwy92) would be cool. There are restaurants half way through the drive then it ends at san gregorio beach with plenty of parking or turn around a run back through the twisties.
Another good drive is Mt. Hamilton in SJ with some edge of your seat turns or a good run is to take Caliveras in Milpitas, it ends in Livermore (a good hour drive with some good switchbacks and straights).
Mike

Make it happen bishes.

·
OCC
897 Posts
Do it to it! A nice drive through the twisties as ISIS suggested would be great. Maybe something where folks meet up in downtown Saratoga, head up hwy 9, north on 35, west on 84, north on hwy1 all the way up to SF... let's rack up some miles!

sushi

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
i wonder if us inferior mk3 would be invited... i dont know if you guys count us as real supra owners.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
the problem w/ 9/35/84 are cops... if they see 5+ supras driving around, i have a feeling you're all getting pulled over for at least a peek under the hood.

R

·
0 Posts
I agree man, the old days were good

Tings Jake's Pizza meet was the first meet I went to

The dyno day we had at the VW shop we had was just as big too, but that was what 2.5 years ago?

The marina meet was decent size too

What I think it takes is someone who alot of people have known for awhile to organize it. So the younger guys can learn how it is done

Ting needs to come out of retirment and bring some hookers

R

·
0 Posts
Juhanis said:
i wonder if us inferior mk3 would be invited... i dont know if you guys count us as real supra owners.
celica meet will be across the street

(get the chip off your shoulder)

·
Supra Poobah
1,391 Posts
This sounds perfect. Maybe meet up at a restuarant, eat then head out around 10am.
Mike

SupraTuRD said:
Do it to it! A nice drive through the twisties as ISIS suggested would be great. Maybe something where folks meet up in downtown Saratoga, head up hwy 9, north on 35, west on 84, north on hwy1 all the way up to SF... let's rack up some miles!

sushi

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
represent said:
celica meet will be across the street

(get the chip off your shoulder)

at least my car isnt a paperweight... and even when yours runs it'll still lose to my supra, but i do have a 77 celica now that should give you a good run :p

R

·
0 Posts
Juhanis said:
at least my car isnt a paperweight... and even when yours runs it'll still lose to my supra, but i do have a 77 celica now that should give you a good run :p
haha man no one said your car is bad but you keep replying to threads "oh oh oh are MK3s aloud I know we suck so bad"

1 - 20 of 59 Posts