Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I own Supra 91 model
I swaped my engine to 2jz-gte
I have a kit that was made for 7m-gte ,it's wet .
What is the maxium HP that I can push at this engine ?

Can anyone give me all the matchup for the jets please ?

How can I use both NOS and boost at the same time ?

I have nothing installed yet in my car .

I'm going to make custom exhaust ,downpipe and air flow intake

Thanks

·
>:-)~
45 Posts
i have no ideeeea what yer talking about but i can tell u 1 thing
w/ dry nos u get 50-75 (i think)
and w/ wet dos u get more but ur engine needs to be really modded
thats what i ****think**** dont get mad if its wrong

and btw not flaming just correcting for future reference this is the
Generation Specific > MKIV Supra (1993-98) , yer can being a '91 belongs in the MKIII forum, they will be able to ehlp u more
:)

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Hunt around through some of the other MKIV threads here. Since you've got the MKIV ENGINE in your MKIII this is the right place to post IMO.

Fromwhat I've read here, with NO personal experience, many folks seem to stick to 75 shots max (wet) in front of the TB. To go higher they seem to run port injected setups - apparently the intake doesn't flow wet very well and going higher than 75horse is a risk.

To run dry the situation is apparently even worse on stock fuel\injectors. The stock injectors get maxxed out pretty quickly as boost rises and a dry shot that requires added injector pulsewidth makes this MUCH worse. I wouldn't do this on stock injectors\fuel!

So, stick to a 50-75 WET shot or go WET with a full on port setup. Me, I'd just stick to a single fogger running 50horse and be conservative. Sounds like a neat ride, got pics posted anywhere?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay if I wanna use 75 wet shot what is the jet size and the fuel size that I should mix to get that HP ?

There is a kit in supra store that can shot from 60 Hp till 100 HP does the 2jz-gte can handel all this power ?

How about using boost at the same time with the NOS ?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Suggest you speak to th eSupra Store. If they're selling it for the turbo cars I think you've got your answer. As for pill sizes - the kits have a card n them that will tell you what pill sizes to use - it's not left up to you to figure htis out. As I said 75horse is the most that many people seem to reccomend but if you'll do a little READING here you'll see that some go higher. This is actually a pretty common question if you SEARCH. Just because a kit offers more power doesn't mean that you can run it so be careful. I'd also reccomend that you use a WOT switch, some sort of window switch like MSD sells, and consider some of the other safety tidbits that will help you keep from blowing your motor. IF you've gotten as far as squeezing that mnotor into your car the last thing you'll want to do its blow it up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts