Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Hardtopper
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK well I have been seriously considering going with a Direct Port 75 Shot of Nitrous,..
Now befor you get all crazy and say 120 is the smallest.. So you know I have a few email with Jermy of NX and he says he has the jets/nozzles for a 75 DP shot for a 6 cyl...

Now I come across a few things and would like some input..

1. I will do the Fuel Dampener Bypass Mod and run a "T" to feed the fuel for the NOS kit,.. Think this will be a suffient source for the fuel,..

2. DO I have to have the car in TTC mode? Ive read a few places that people thought they started to have problems when the2nd turbo kicked in, and it was a whole lot safer/better to have the car in TTC?

3. The FPR,.. What shoud it be set at? Some recomended one that increases w/ boost pressure? Anyone out there know if thats necessary for a 75 shot?

4. Can I keep the twins set at 19-20 PSI? or should I lower it to like 14psi? The reason I ask is, again while reading up on NOS/BPUd Supras a few said that at 14lbs of boost, then a 75 shot would make it equivilant to 20 psi? Just courious if thats rumor, or factual information?

5. Set Up,.. Some recomend the WOT button thats under the gas pedal of Auto TT Supras, others say RPM based units, and some say let the MAP-ECU take care of it,.. What do yuo guys think would be the Best..

Thanks alot guys,.. I did search alot and feel pretty good with my findings.. Just want someone who has been here, and done it to give me their two cents....

Ramiro

·
Professional White Man
2,674 Posts
id say do it. I wanted to spray my car, but I dont have any money. But i think it would be cool, and you can always use more power.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
#4 : You would def. NOT keep the twins on 19-20psi as Nitrous will probably cause the boost to spike. The only thing I've heard of nitrous being used for on a BPU car is getting rid of a little bit of lag or on a auto that is in TTC or something.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
hey man... I'm using an NX Wet kit on my car, spraying a 100 shot :) non-direct port.

Well... after a few runs... the last run with a full bottle after I hadn't sprayed in like 6 months resulted in me overboosting a bit and blowing the end tank off my SMIC.

1. Race gas is a good idea for safety
2. I mounted my WOT switch on my throttle body
3. My car is in TTC
4. I had a shop custom do my a fuel bypass line, and they got rid of my shitty T that I made before, and put in a nice T that's been working great.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Also, if you find the NX chart for jetting, I would appreciate a copy of it :)

·
Mods before Broads ;)
928 Posts
VR4_007 said:
OK well I have been seriously considering going with a Direct Port 75 Shot of Nitrous,..
Now befor you get all crazy and say 120 is the smallest.. So you know I have a few email with Jermy of NX and he says he has the jets/nozzles for a 75 DP shot for a 6 cyl...
I have a wet shot NX set up on my stock twin car and love it. I spray a rich 75 shot. Pics up about 60 to the wheels. You can see how it runs in the vid in my sig.

VR4_007 said:
2. DO I have to have the car in TTC mode? Ive read a few places that people thought they started to have problems when the2nd turbo kicked in, and it was a whole lot safer/better to have the car in TTC.
My car is in TTC mode. I hated the transition in sequential mode. Runs smoother and feels better on boost and spray in TTC.

VR4_007 said:
3. The FPR,.. What shoud it be set at? Some recomended one that increases w/ boost pressure? Anyone out there know if thats necessary for a 75 shot?
I have not touched fuel pressure - works fine. There is enough fuel with the stock system for me.

VR4_007 said:
4. Can I keep the twins set at 19-20 PSI? or should I lower it to like 14psi? The reason I ask is, again while reading up on NOS/BPUd Supras a few said that at 14lbs of boost, then a 75 shot would make it equivilant to 20 psi? Just courious if thats rumor, or factual information?
On spray I make about 20lbs. Holds great and runs smooth. I do not turn down the boost at all.

VR4_007 said:
5. Set Up,.. Some recomend the WOT button thats under the gas pedal of Auto TT Supras, others say RPM based units, and some say let the MAP-ECU take care of it,.. What do yuo guys think would be the Best..
I have a regular arming switch, plus a WOT switch, plus a window switch. The window is from 3,200rpm to 6,900rpm. I think that works great.

Additionaly, I would recommend going with a wet kit instead of direct port. Main reason is cost savings. Instead of spending money on the direct port I would get a bottle guage and bottle heater at least. If you still have the funds, get a remote guage for the a-pillar and a remote bottle opener - trick stuff.

Lastly, I am sure you are already aware - make sure you use race fuel (C16) on spray. I use at least a 50/50 mix of C16 and pump for spray.

Hope that helps.

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
My answers are all the same as Amar's, however, i only use a 50shot generally and i don't have a window switch (i will get one tho)

i would say use race gas for safety and just be smart with it

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Amar said:
I have a wet shot NX set up on my stock twin car and love it. I spray a rich 75 shot. Pics up about 60 to the wheels. You can see how it runs in the vid in my sig.

Cool vid, i had no idea it was the vid of us racing. Dont sleep at the light next time

·
man whore
318 Posts
My experience is the same as Amar's,

I only used a rich 75 shot and had a go baby go button with WOT switch.

I used 50/50 111 light with 93 when I was going to spray.

On a cold day it would go to 22 psi but I was using 98% injector duty.

Use wet kit and get the most out of the cooling effects of N20

I would not use direct port and I would not use more than a 75 shot on the stock fuel system.

Only do this in TT mode! It is better for your car anyway.

My car put down just under 500HP with this setup I got about 85 hp out of a 75 shot with my sprayer about 20 inches from the TB for max charge cooling.

·
Hardtopper
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
20 inches!!!!,... TWENTY INCHES FROM THE THROTTLE BODY?

I was under the assumption that the Direct Port was the safest,.. it comes out to 12.5 shot per cylinder...

Anyone?

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
SpeedR said:
My experience is the same as Amar's,

My car put down just under 500HP with this setup I got about 85 hp out of a 75 shot with my sprayer about 20 inches from the TB for max charge cooling.
i dont know about 20inches, mine is only about 4 - 6 inches away.

BTW, my baseline dyno was with bad plugs and i made 383hp (pump gas and no No2) and 437rwhp with pump and No2 (54rwhp gain). with new plugs, race gas, a 50shot and the IC chiller, i jumped a full 100rwhp. so just from plugs and race gas i went up 47rwhp, i say thats worth it :bigthumb:

·
Registered
106 Posts
im just trying to get my posts up so i can get into off topic. :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
VR4_007 said:
Tell Jeremy he's a retard. People state that a 120 (actually a 150) is the smallest you should go with on a 6 cyl direct port for a reason. Sure they make pills that will go down to 12hp each. That's fine and dandy for the nitrous pill. Keep in mind the fuel pill has a considerably smaller hole than the nitrous one. Remember the 11:1 air:fuel ratio rule? A 12hp fuel pill is near microscopic and is very prone to clogging. 75hp direct port on a 6cyl is fine... for a dry setup - except you have to deal with an AEM to control the fuel. Screw that. ;)

A SINGLE FOGGER wet setup is what you want. "Wet" just means it adds fuel. Keyword "SINGLE FOGGER". Also, get the 50hp pills to start with IMO. 75hp will work fine too, but you will need to watch your total fuel output.

Also, someone ban that SAKRED guy. :wtflol:

John H

·
Sudafed can't kill me.
980 Posts
MaliCali said:
dont put nitrous on your car...

sorry thats my advise:dunno:

-mike

:rolleyes:

Please refrain from posting unless you know what you're talking about.

Listen to John H and Amar....they know about nitrous. :bigthumb:

Reactions: Amar

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
My roommate had stock twins with a 50 wet shot OR 75 wet shot and drove the shit out of his car. The stock twins saw 22-25psi when on boost + Nitrous. His turbos were in set TTC which is what I would do if you want to save the 2nd turbo and not to have a wierd power band on Nitrous. His turbo's never blew and had 60k on it when he went with the BL 67 kit.

You should put the WOT switch where the throttle body cable is to make sure the car's TB Valve is really opened. This was all done on with Stock ECU, AFC and Boost Controller.

Results may vary from car to car, but Performance Motorsports did do the work so that's probably why it never blew. :bigthumb:

VR4_007 said:

Now I come across a few things and would like some input..

1. I will do the Fuel Dampener Bypass Mod and run a "T" to feed the fuel for the NOS kit,.. Think this will be a suffient source for the fuel,..

2. DO I have to have the car in TTC mode? Ive read a few places that people thought they started to have problems when the2nd turbo kicked in, and it was a whole lot safer/better to have the car in TTC?

Thanks alot guys,.. I did search alot and feel pretty good with my findings.. Just want someone who has been here, and done it to give me their two cents....

Ramiro

·
Registered
500 Posts
I used a 100shot wet kit on my old car for several a long time before I broke the second turbo. TTC you turbos and you will be fine. I never did anything to the fuel system except for the 12v fuel pump mod.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts