Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pretty sure I was gonna buy a 50 NOS spool up kit. Now I am thinking of installing a 373 gear. The gear would take advantage of power that I am already making, the nos would put more stress on my engine. How much should the gear with install cost? What are the risks and benefits of the 373? Any advice is appreciated.

·
boost is good
772 Posts
hey, i dont know if you ever got that email lol. i forwarded it too you again. well anyways i have heard that with the bigger gear it first off cuts your top speed to around 160 or so. when driving the 1/4 at bpu you will prolly have to shift to 5th gear, and with a single running high traps you might even have to go into 6th. another thing that gets hurt is the gas milage because if you were cruising at like 65 it would be at 5000rpm in 6th instead of 4000 (no clue if thats even close but u get the idea lol) i guess those are some of the negative things, but also it would be nice to have some more low end power! there is a thread somewhere that started a couple days ago about the different gears ill try and find it

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, don't forget, I have an auto. It's not my daily driver, and I already get terrible gas mileage. And I am not much for top speed runs. Most of the messing around I do is 1/4 mile or stop light stuff. But will it really kill my top end pulling ability?

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Six-n-twins said:
Well, don't forget, I have an auto. It's not my daily driver, and I already get terrible gas mileage. And I am not much for top speed runs. Most of the messing around I do is 1/4 mile or stop light stuff. But will it really kill my top end pulling ability?
oh yeah duh, i forgot you had an auto...maybe someone that knows more about the effects on an auto will chime in..sorry bout the confusion

1 - 4 of 4 Posts