Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
damn backhalved monsters. turbo that beast.

-Brett

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i told the customer he should have his engine builder make it a 427 twin turbo:D ;)

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the car is finished i just can't post the pics.. our image uploader broke and we're waiting for the new one.. when i gets hear i'll post the finished product. jay

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
more pics soon, on another note.. i just weigh this car and aside from maybe 300-400 pounds of stuff still going in it, it weighs 2175 pounds.lol... and its pretty even front to back, 1081 on the front and 1084 on the rear.. lightweight..this car still has power window's, stock door panels and dash.. and the radios still in it.lol.. we pit a cage in a zo6 and his car weighs 3500 lbs, amazinging how much weight comes out of a vette when you back halve it...

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also the above weight was with the car all sealed up and carpeted( not how it sits in the pics above) jay

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
What do you guys charge for a backhalf job like that? Looks like nice work.

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
DaveH said:
What do you guys charge for a backhalf job like that? Looks like nice work.
depends on the car and there are alot of different variables suspension wise... this car had alot of hours into it cause of the way vettes are built and extra things we needed to do to it.. it could be anywhere from 6500- 14000.00 if you want a serious pice you could call my father and he could give you a good idea on the cost... I've bee thinking about mini tubbing my car and put a ladder bar or short 4link in it with a straight axle(12 bolt or dana) jay

this vette was on the high end of the price range i posted above...

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this car is mini tubbed and has a 14.5 x 28 tire on with the full interior still in it..

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
im a newbie on this back halved stuff and tubbed. does backhalved mean you cut the car in half and replaced the interior metals? tubbed? isn't that the tire tub things so you can run huge slicks?

-Brett

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this is where the stock wheels tub was(where you can see the tire)once this car is mini tubbed you can fit a decent sized tire, but in most cars still keep your back seat...when we back half a car it get done like the pics of the vette above, usually we cut out the stock flooring from behind the front seats back to the rear of the car...:) we have done back half cars and been able to keep the back seat in them(depends on the car) hope that helps:)

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gwillson75 said:
That's a work of art. Are there any sites I can see more of this sort of work ? :cool:

:)
thankyou very much.:) as of right now we don't have a web site.. we deal with people mostly in the tristate area(NY,NJ,CONN) by word of mouth from customers.. but, we are in the process of putting one together:) I might post some more before and after pics of other cars we'll do in the future if you guy are interested in seeing them:) we might have another vette like the one above to do in the next month or so...jay

1 - 20 of 20 Posts