Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Bugeye WRX

Hey guys long time lover of Supras but the price tag was pretty steep for me back in 2002 so I ended up buying a 2002 Subaru WRX and here's how she looks after a few years of work.

Tell me what you guys think...Enjoy

Power = 341 awhp @ 19psi, stock EJ20 motor, JDM 6 speed trans with R180 rear diff currently being installed w front and rear brembos. (Best 1/4 mile time was 12.3 with no boost off the line because of tuning issues,1.9 60 ft (horrible time). New times to come very soon. Hoping to break into 11's)

Next year plans are for a built EJ25 (Sti block), with a GT35R turbo kit. Goal is for 500+ awhp on pump fuel.

--Imran

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Modded bugeye FTW...that's a nice car. It's lowered down a little much, but it still looks real good. What suspension are you running?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Suprasanity said:
Modded bugeye FTW...that's a nice car. It's lowered down a little much, but it still looks real good. What suspension are you running?

I'm running a set of Tein Flex coilovers. A lot of people tell me the car is too low but I have zero rubbing issues after rolling the fenders, and I think it looks great this low. Believe it or not I was planning on tire tucking but it wasn't practical for daily driving.

--Imran

·
Non Supra Owning
40 Posts
love your bugeye, and the lip is the one I am going to get for sure

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sharky NRK said:
love your bugeye, and the lip is the one I am going to get for sure

Yeah I love my lip only because you rarely see it on any Subarus and it is a very quality made lip. I get a lot of comments on the lip and you'd be shocked how many other Subaru owners have never even seen this lip before.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys.

--Imran

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Looks good, I couldn't get one because it is four doors. Id have to weld 'em shut & shave the handles, turn it into a 2 door... has anyone done that before??

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Very nice, I don't like those cars usually but yours looks great. I don't like the usual ricer wing and boring body. Wingless, in silver and with those rims it's much classier. Did you do body work too? Are those the stock fenders? They look different.

·
Registered
132 Posts
500 hp AWD.. that thing will rippppp off the line!!

·
So... Yeah...
422 Posts
hey i'm driving one of these around while my supra is getting the turbos replaced... but yours is wayyy nicer.. i like the stance.. and the headlights..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cherzra said:
Very nice, I don't like those cars usually but yours looks great. I don't like the usual ricer wing and boring body. Wingless, in silver and with those rims it's much classier. Did you do body work too? Are those the stock fenders? They look different.

Yes they are stock fenders, they look a little different because of the lighting, angle, and the metallic paints makes the fenders stand out. I would love to go for a wide body but it's not a priority on my list. I want to get finish up performance before I start touching cosmetics again.

Thanks for the compliments,
--Imran

·
Registered
11 Posts
wrxss said:
Hey guys long time lover of Supras but the price tag was pretty steep for me back in 2002 so I ended up buying a 2002 Subaru WRX and here's how she looks after a few years of work.

Tell me what you guys think...Enjoy

Power = 341 awhp @ 19psi, stock EJ20 motor, JDM 6 speed trans with R180 rear diff currently being installed w front and rear brembos. (Best 1/4 mile time was 12.3 with no boost off the line because of tuning issues,1.9 60 ft (horrible time). New times to come very soon. Hoping to break into 11's)

Next year plans are for a built EJ25 (Sti block), with a GT35R turbo kit. Goal is for 500+ awhp on pump fuel.

--Imran
A wing wouldn't hurt, just a suggestion

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Rayxon77 said:
A wing wouldn't hurt, just a suggestion

I was going to get a CF wing but decided not to. I have always liked the wingless look and decided to stick with it. I personally think it adds class to the car. With the wing my car looks too childish/tuner. At least in my own opinion.

This is the wing I was going to get in CF...

How the wing looks on the car (pics of fiberglass wing)...

I might go with a wing in the future we'll see, if I find the right one.
--Imran

1 - 20 of 36 Posts