Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently replaced my twins after the old ones were blowing out way too smoke for me to drive around on. the twins i have in my car now are doing there regular symptons. smoke after coming to a stop. sometimes constantly smoking at idle after alot of hard driving. but yet no smoke at idle. my car also has a slight misfire which is most likely due to plugs. the car pulls pretty fukin good despite the breaking up from plugs. i was planning to paint my car over and get some new shoes for the summer, but now it looks like im gonna be goin single. cuz i cant stand to drive with these clouds following me.

im gonna run a compression test on my car tomorow to make sure everything is good cuz if you guys remember my ecu was bad and causing the injectors to get stuck open and leak gas in the cylinders. ive been told becuz of that, its possible my piston rings could be fried, but i was doubting the thought for the simple fact my car runs really strong. so before i go accuse the turbos again, im gonna make sure my motor is 100%. once i know its good, im gonna start getting my single stuff together.

do you guys know what a stock clutch could handle? cuz i dont wanna go single with the motor in the car and the clutch cant hold, cuz if thats the case, ill just pull everything back out do it out the car. makes more sense since the r154 tranny is a bitch to drop and put back in (especially in a cressida).

what to do guys???? i really wanna paint my car, (unless i find a hood the same color as my car). and i dont wanna drive with this smoke machine for the summer. cant pick up any girls if i keep choking them with the smoke.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
man me and you got to hang out.sounds like your talking about me and my car.i'm finaly done with my single and will be driving around with a bad paint job all summer.too much gas can wash out the bottom end too.i had a fuel pressure regulator let go on my firebird.14psi electric pump plus holley 850 cfm =455ci with no oil pressure (new motor too)

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
lol damn you have my same position, im in need of painting my car and some new tyres but those plans were blown bcuz clouds are always behind me thanks to my twins lol. Even that damn misfire though the engine performing pretty nice like normal is there lol

I might get my engine sold and get another complete one with an R154, hoping to have this happen....nice thread, i might do whatever your doing one time before that other engine goes in my cressida

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
You can do a small cheap single setup probably for under 800 bux. One that will work fine on stock fuel and ecu.

Ebay manifold: $250
Cheap used turbo: $300
Used wastegate $100
Pipe and mandrel bends from muffler shop for DP and IC lines to the intercooler u already have $50.
Dont forget to add $10 for a home-made MBC

Add an extra $100 for a cheap welder if you don't have one.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i really dont wanna over-do it just for the simple fact im on a stock clutch and that im very picky when it comes to my car. i dont like to do half ass work. and now that i gotta deal with this rear subframe, thats more figuring out i need to do.

i orderd some electric fans and a greddy oil catch can from suprastore. im hoping the catch can will get rid of some of the smoke. im really tryin to hold off alot of things on my car. i feel im kinda rushing everything. im just gonna paint my hood and bumpers, get my rear subframe welded up so i can at least drive my car and hopefully if i drive easy with the oil catch can installed, i wont see as much smoke.

im really trying to save up some money in the account as well as put money aside for a really nice single setup/paint job/wheels/suspension. thats like another $7-8k right there.

but honestly, if i could find someone to do over my twins so they can last, ill do it so this way i can worry about reliabilty and just save my money. i really love the way my car pulls with just stock boost, intercooler and exhaust. all i wanted to do was just hook up the emanage to that setup and tune. and i'd really rather spend some money on a nice paint job and wheels for this summer.

but so much shit is happening one after the next, its hard to have a steady plan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts