Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1997 Toyota Supra, stock twins
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I’m not new to the forum however, I don’t post enough and the new rules limit what i can do.
My MKIV had and accident with a deer to the passenger side last week and now I’m in need of at least a passenger mirror. Insurance is taking care if it however, I need to do some leg work and I’m reaching out to the community. Where is a good place to locate parts that have been discontinued? Please only serious responses. Thank you.

Attachments

·
1,846 Posts
You have definitely come to the right community for rare and discontinued parts. Just keep in mind, discontinued parts go for a premium on here but post a wtb ad and you may get lucky.

Although, your insurance should be doing the leg work and they should have a list of parts the can get from local junk yards. Which items will you be needing?

·
Premium Member
1997 Toyota Supra, stock twins
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have definitely come to the right community for rare and discontinued parts. Just keep in mind, discontinued parts go for a premium on here but post a wtb ad and you may get lucky.

Although, your insurance should be doing the leg work and they should have a list of parts the can get from local junk yards. Which items will you be needing?
Thanks for the reply. So far the passenger mirror is the biggest concern. It seems the hood and front fender are still available from the dealer. The shop states that they can repair the door which is good since it’s discontinued. They haven’t taken the car apart yet to see if there is anything internal that needs to be replaced. Crossing our fingers that is all external.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hate the day a wild animal comes in contact with my Supra, and risk the chance of a suicidal deer crossing my path when I drive at night. So far just a litter of hogs that were on the road one night that luckily were small enough to be ran over easily.
Good luck with your parts search.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts