Supra Forums banner

161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
Administrator
8,763 Posts
Update: I sold my Supra last week for $58875 with aftermarket wheels, lowering kit, and MHD tune on it. I put 3000 miles on it and kept it for 7 months. I ended up walking away with less than $1k loss basically. For all those who have not harassed me, thank you and good luck, those who attacked me and called me names, and told my car would be worth "a pack of gum" by the end of the year can go f them selves. So long.

Edit: I still have the factory wheels and springs, once I sell them I will actually profit some as well.
Totally not insecure whatsoever.

·
iSPOOL
1,382 Posts
Update: I sold my Supra last week for $58875 with aftermarket wheels, lowering kit, and MHD tune on it. I put 3000 miles on it and kept it for 7 months. I ended up walking away with less than $1k loss basically. For all those who have not harassed me, thank you and good luck, those who attacked me and called me names, and told my car would be worth "a pack of gum" by the end of the year can go f them selves. So long.

Edit: I still have the factory wheels and springs, once I sell them I will actually profit some as well.
So you're telling me Toyota DIDN'T compensate you after that impassioned post and petition? 😑 I'm so surprised...

·
The Great Beast 666
463 Posts
Some fool paid $58875 for a used and modded 2020 Supra? You can get a 2020 for a lot cheaper than that. Sucker born every minute as they say.
NUH UH... DA NEW SUPWA IS BETTER AND FASTER AND HAS BETTER TECK YOU JUST A HATER THAT CANT AFFORD EITHER CAR ANYWAY!!! YOU SAY THE SUPWA IS A BMW!!??!? SO THAT MEANS THE MKIV IS A YAMAHA BECAUSE DA 2JZ WAS MADE BY YAMAHA JUST LIKE THE 1JZ...

·
The Great Beast 666
463 Posts

Great now you can go buy a MKIV and get to experience what the J29 should of been.

or get a 2010 Lotus Exige which still has Hiromo Naruse's DNA in it.

harsh? well you were the one who came into a den of veteren Supra owners who have known about the coming of this car long before you did, and expected us to kiss your tuckus. Sorry but no.

·
Registered
1987 Toyota Supra
290 Posts
Might have found the one sucker with $ to burn.
But yeah, very doubtful.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Honestly I don't know who would pay over 35k for a 2020 Supra right now since the base 2021 is better than any 2020 version with a MSRP of 49.9k.....

I can't see paying even 40-45k for a ultra low mileage 2020 launch edition.... Imagine having paid 85k for one of those 6 months ago???

Reactions: mkivsoopratt

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm an original owner of a 1989 Supra, and I love my 2020 Supra. it is awesome to drive, well balanced and quick. Toyota upgraded key engine parts based on their testing standards, gave it a stiffer body, tuned the suspension perfectly, so it isn't just a BMW. And i really don't care who made it. The 2021 isnt an upgrade. it is slower 0-60, too low for our roads, worse gas mileage. I think Tada built the 2020
car for what he thought was ideal, and now they are catering to people who want bragging rights.

·
I turn my own wrenches!
5,195 Posts
Wow, SF went after this MKV owner. Y’all my boys blue, make me so proud. :ROFLMAO:

What I’m curious about is that OP stated his main goal was to “inform” and help others and would of been happy with $1.00 for every MKV owner.

I wonder whom ever he “sold” his MKV to if he informed and educated about the down fall of the MKV value? Or did he just simply do what Toyota/BMW did to him and cash that check and run?

Just a thought..

·
2,119 Posts
I'm an original owner of a 1989 Supra, and I love my 2020 Supra. it is awesome to drive, well balanced and quick. Toyota upgraded key engine parts based on their testing standards, gave it a stiffer body, tuned the suspension perfectly, so it isn't just a BMW. And i really don't care who made it. The 2021 isnt an upgrade. it is slower 0-60, too low for our roads, worse gas mileage. I think Tada built the 2020
car for what he thought was ideal, and now they are catering to people who want bragging rights.
This is so cute.

"Toyota upgraded key engine parts based on their testing standards". How about trying they got the full spec B58 off the shelf from BMW and had a slightly gimped version on the 2020. You give Toyota far too much credit on this. This is basically Toyota went to the counter and ordered cheese fries versus the regular fries they ordered before.

You give Tada too much credit, no one believes his B.S. on this forum. He says whatever he thinks he needs to to sell his cars, nothing more. He will literally say anything.

You say you love both Supra's. Awesome, glad you do, I wouldn't try to persuade you otherwise. But don't expect to persuade anyone here to love the new Zupra. It's all BMW with a tiny dash of Toyota (logos) on it and that is not going to make us love it as a Toyota or a Supra.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The sad part is they couldn't even the get the badges right. A number of people that were sucker into buying this POS have reported issues with the Toyota badges cracking. 🤣

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
The sad part is they couldn't even the get the badges right. A number of people that were sucker into buying this POS have reported issues with the Toyota badges cracking. 🤣
I have replaced a bunch of them. Some multiple times on the same car. One car just got bought back mostly because of the emblems lmao

Reactions: SupraApe

·
Administrator
8,763 Posts
The emblems are stressed out having an existential crisis perhaps?

·
Registered
43 Posts
This is so cute.

"Toyota upgraded key engine parts based on their testing standards". How about trying they got the full spec B58 off the shelf from BMW and had a slightly gimped version on the 2020. You give Toyota far too much credit on this. This is basically Toyota went to the counter and ordered cheese fries versus the regular fries they ordered before.

You give Tada too much credit, no one believes his B.S. on this forum. He says whatever he thinks he needs to to sell his cars, nothing more. He will literally say anything.

You say you love both Supra's. Awesome, glad you do, I wouldn't try to persuade you otherwise. But don't expect to persuade anyone here to love the new Zupra. It's all BMW with a tiny dash of Toyota (logos) on it and that is not going to make us love it as a Toyota or a Supra.
Your a moderator? Seriously? Your spouting unsupported opinions and patronizing me, which is fine for a regular member, but disappointing from you. And you don't have a right to speak for everyone on here. You don't speak for me. What I posted is from mainstream car magazines. At least its better than people shouting opinions without data. I understand the engine was codeveloped, Teardowns show it to be a very good motor, it certainly isn't maximized, but it fits the car, which does what it was designed to do well. And aside from butt hurt MK IV owners, most people who see and drive my car rave about how it looks and drives. Maybe its different in the less affluent Midwest than Calif, but it seems like people in MI love the MK 5 here. Most can't afford to buy a $60k 2 seater pleasure car, it isn't selling well, but they love the car.

161 - 180 of 201 Posts