Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today im driving minding my own business and i come across this white 90 targa 5spd turbo. its sitting near the road with a broken window a flat and an all f****ed up interior. i opened the hood its all there, everything. so i went and talked to the home owner and he said its his daughters bf's, the car has a bad short. i was wondering would it be a problem if i wanted to do the swap to my 89? also i want to use the motor for the 86.5 that i have. is there anything else i need for that swap? all your help is appreciated.
- Derek

· JZA70 or go home!!
1,799 Posts
hehe tranny

· boost'en down 101
1,566 Posts
i see what he's saying.

yeah dude. GO FOR IT. pick it up, pull the motor/trans together, pull the pedals and lines then swap them over to your car and its done. not really hard if you can wrench since you'll have the whole car. search around and read threads about other peoples problems. but the main things that seem to come up is finding all the parts but if you have the whole 5spd car your good.

having a 5spd turbo car is way better than the slowmatic.

oh and about the short. yes those can be a REAL bitch. not much advice for you there.

· Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i see what he's saying.

yeah dude. GO FOR IT. pick it up, pull the motor/trans together, pull the pedals and lines then swap them over to your car and its done. not really hard if you can wrench since you'll have the whole car. search around and read threads about other peoples problems. but the main things that seem to come up is finding all the parts but if you have the whole 5spd car your good.

having a 5spd turbo car is way better than the slowmatic.

oh and about the short. yes those can be a REAL bitch. not much advice for you there.
so you dont think it will be a problem? the short and all?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.