Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

90T
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well can't wait forever for the other site to reappear, so I'll log my update/upgrade notes here now.

Got these taillights from valerik_a70 on Instagram. They are nicely made in Russia and arrived pretty quickly after my order. However, it was almost a month to get them actually installed into my taillights. First its a ton of work to get the lights apart. You need to heat them up pretty hot with a heat gun for 20 minutes going round and round the seam and then very gently pry them apart with your fingers. But that's actually not the time consuming part. I then had to remove the old glue which is like super sticky chewing gum. Literally took me 3-4 hours per taillight with a small scraping tool, heat gun, and wd-40 as a solvent. Once they are disassembled, the innards gutted, cleaned up, and the lenses polished, I installed the boards on standoffs using 6-32 stainless bolts and nylon lock nuts.

The boards come with lamp bases attached to the wires so it is plug-n-play into the old bulb holder. I needed to replace the flasher with an LED flasher (search for CF14 EP35 flasher), and I replaced the lamp failure box shunts with values that keep it happy with the lower current of the LEDs (0.5 ohm 1W for the tails and 0.1 ohm 2W for the stops). The flasher is just 3 prongs stuck into the driver side kick panel junction block, but it is in there with some kind of mystery force. It took me 30 minutes of tugging and rocking and prying to get the old one out. The new one went in easily.

I'm pretty happy with the results. Last night on my way home some kid in a Tacoma had his phone out filming me and giving me the thumbs up at a light. 馃槀

Without further ado...

The turn signals are sequential as shown in this video

90T
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
LED Flasher looks like this. Note that there is another 3-prong with the + and - pins swapped and that does not work. It is unfortunately more common so beware when you are buying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts