Supra Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
vinnydahitman: Thanks for the update on P-Tuning and DTM. Mike does seem to be busy, plus Supras are not his primary business obviously with so few of them around. I imagine he is a good option for the more advanced work such as you mentioned. For routine stuff I take the car to my neighbor's shop up in Sterling. I've had him do brakes, front end, and other general work that I didn't feel comfortable or have the equipment to do, so he is relatively familiar with the vehicle at this point. I can check with him tomorrow and see what rear hub bearings would run if it isn't too far from you (Route 28 and Route 606). I'll let you know.
Chris
Chris: That would be awesome. I have some other minor jobs that I don't have the tools to do myself I could throw his way if he isn't too busy. I don't mind driving a lil bit for a good recommendation. Thanks again.
Vince

·
Registered
95 Posts
Good to know there are other Supras at P-Tuning. I had my car dyno'd there on their DynoDynamics and they said I was the first Supra on it. Hopefully, I'll see you guys around there.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The shop is pretty clean and they have good equipment. They do a lot of Scions and S2000's from what I can tell.

Here's my car on the Dyno Dynamics.... damn its hard to make nice numbers on that thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have recently been given a recommendation to AUP in Chantilly
(auto-upgrade.com). Anyone have any experience with them? Positive or Negative?

·
Addicted to Boost
315 Posts
Chris Peterson: Yeah, you know.. i think i remember hearing about that overboost problem from robbie. Thats a bummer, and its driving me nuts finding a shop with any kinda real knowledge on the supra. What is this shop your talking about in sterling?!?!?! Thats a bit closer to me than DTM in dulles.

Vinnydahitman: My buddy just got some work done on his 240sx at AUP. He was not pleased with them. But then again he sometimes has some high standards for shops. I just went to Ptuning today with a buddy of mine to get another alignment, I talked to the guys there, they told me about your supra and that they were working on it there. I hear ptuning has been around for along time which is good coz it seems most shops dont last longer than a few years around here anymore. Their new shop is super clean and i hear the dyno is really nice. From what i could see they do a pretty thurough job. But then again, like every other shop in ther area, they dont get many in supras so..

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is a good thread, but slightly dated...
Any updates?!

I have a MkIII with a rebuilt 7M-GTE. I never rebuilt the head and my valve stem seals are leaking pretty good (once I switched to synthetic). Now I'm not passing emissions and am forced to get this fixed. I called C&M in Alexandria (based on a quick local yellow pages search) and the guy (Larry) seemed very knowledgeable. He knew the GTE right off the bat. Anyway, he recommended an entire head rebuild, which I'm sure is needed.

1) is it possible to replace valve stem seals on the 7M-GTE without removing the head?

2) Who would you guys recommend to pull the head for me, and let them use their recommended machine shop?

I'm in Arlington but will drive a decent distance, but VA is preferred for convenience.

Thanks
Ryan

21 - 26 of 26 Posts