Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the added capacity or total system capacity will be after installing the Greddy 16 row with filter relo kit? Counting hose capacity of course for under drivers headlight install? I guess I will have to test it all myself but I'm making a mess doing that the hard way ;)

·
Registered
358 Posts
So you are just trying to figure out how much oil the car will hold? I would just add maybe a quarter quart over stock and see what the oil level is. After you start it of course. I don't know how much oil your system will hold, but it definately won't hold enough to starve your car of oil. Then just add what's needed when you check the level.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my problem is with all the mods I have been doing I don't even trust my dip stick. I either have to bend the dump oem stick to reach out around the new intake manifold or create a custom stick perhaps. I would like to know actual capacity so theres no guessing and then I can be sure the dip stick reading is correct if thats modified effecting its depth.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone know the capacity of these components?

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
the OEM dipstick is reliable if you bend it just as long as you did not cut the tube or the dipstick.

my 3 year old just started yelling "dipstick"..... ;)

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the OEM dipstick is reliable if you bend it just as long as you did not cut the tube or the dipstick.

my 3 year old just started yelling "dipstick"..... ;)

ROFL

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the 16 row holds exactly 1 quart ( even I can remember that lol )
Now whats the best way to handle the oil initially at install of this system?
Anyone else ever instal their own? Its temp controlled so just adding all that extra oil for cooler and lines into the motor will cause it to be greatly overfilled and the motor will have to deal with that till temp is reached. I guess I could install the components already full of oil. But what about at oil change then?
Crank the motor without power just to pressurize things and fill the cooler?
any install or change oil with these attached. Whats the best way to get the oil in you need?

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,308 Posts
I run the TRUST 10-row (for us TH400/Auto guys), and here's what I did:

Installed the cooler, and all lines, and the sandwich adapter
Filled the car with 5.5 quarts
Dry-cranked it with no plugs, no fuel
Installed all parts, checked oil level, let it sit for ~5 minutes to guarantee all oil into the pan
Added an additional ~0.8-1 quart
Warmed car up, checked oil again

My car is really finicky about the FMS, so I run it with 15W50 Mobil, and the oil fill to 1/2 of the crosshatched area on the dipstick meter. Filling it up all of the way, the car doesn't seem to like it, and I get some blowby (my car is gapped loose, though). I put ~6 quarts in, cold, then check a few minutes later and top it off. Plan for 6.5 quarts for yourslf, but please be careful about overfilling. I do not, however, run a remote-filter kit, even though I've got one - I believe that it's just too much area for the oil to move through, and I want to keep the filter on the block/as close to it as possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts