Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Florida state Legislature has approved a bill that would extend people's right to defend themselves not only in their homes but on their porches, in the street or in the car without fear of being charged criminally or civilly

"Peaden's bill would make any intruder on someone's property -- or a home they're visiting, their RV, car or tent -- a threat that by definition justifies using deadly force."

http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/news/html/C1A43F9E-1741-4FE4-9499-11B7E59DE0FC.shtml

I will be the first to say, I have NO PROBLEM filling someone's A$$ with lead if they are in my Car trying to steel it...

·
Banned
976 Posts
StSupDog said:
I will be the first to say, I have NO PROBLEM filling someone's A$$ with lead if they are in my Car trying to steel it...

Now I really have to move to Flordia!!

·
In the shadow...
1,452 Posts
I always thought a shotgun would look awesome in the back window of the lotus :D

-Seb

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
X2daC said:
I thought in Florida we don't need a permit to carry concealed.
You DO need a permit to carry it "Concealed" but, you DO NOT need one to carry it in the Glove, in a Holster, bulets in the clip, Clip inserted into gun - but, you can not have one in the chamber.....

·
In the shadow...
1,452 Posts
StSupDog said:
You DO need a permit to carry it "Concealed" but, you DO NOT need one to carry it in the Glove, in a Holster, bulets in the clip, Clip inserted into gun - but, you can not have one in the chamber.....
what if u wont have a glove compartment :dunno:

-Seb

·
Registered
763 Posts
StSupDog said:
Hope you have a good lawyer. I know of one who is the best for these situations and trust me if you shoot someone you will need the best on your side. If you want the contact and some back ground information on him I can get that for you.

By the way his practice is in Orlando. :) Also lets just say he is considered the authority on concealed carry, self defense, the use of deadly force and gun laws in the State of Florida by other laywers, the DA, numerous fire arm instructiors, law enforcement and judges. He is the author of a book on this topic that is in every law library in the state of Florida.

I highly recommend you do not shoot anyone with out being in "fear for your life". You will have a hard time convincing a jury that someone stealing your car caused you to be in "fear for your life". I think everyone may want to get a little educated on the way the laws work on this topic. I will say that the criminals have more rights than we do. You can believe this statement if you want or scoff at it. The statment can be backed up.

If you all want more information on this topic I can post it. If you all think you already know everything then carry on. If someone wants the contact information for the best lawyer in Florida on this subject matter then PM me and I will send it to you. Trust me, trying to figure out who you will need to represent you in court after you shoot someone is not something you want to do. This is something you will want to have worked out before that day comes and hope you will never need to use it. Believe me, if you shoot someone you will be going to court to defend yourself.

Please, please, please, make yourself familiar with gun laws for the state you choose to carry in. :)

·
F-BodyPerformer
447 Posts
they also passed a bill at the same time that makes the left lane on any 4lane highway the passing lane ONLY. Which means if ANYONE comes up behind you in the left lane, you HAVE to move out of their way.

I4 might become a lil bit more pleasant :D

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
SpooledGTE said:
they also passed a bill at the same time that makes the left lane on any 4lane highway the passing lane ONLY. Which means if ANYONE comes up behind you in the left lane, you HAVE to move out of their way.

I4 might become a lil bit more pleasant :D

That I like, although we'll see how many people actually do it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
All over the news callin FL the Wild wild west now. :die: We are such a controversial state. Gotta love it or hate it. :run:

My boyfriend has for years carried a gun in his glove compartment and a bat in his back seat (has a very nice integra). Just let's the cops know right away whenever he gets pulled over. I have been wanting to get one, but get a permit to carry it on me.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Magic said:
Hope you have a good lawyer. I know of one who is the best for these situations and trust me if you shoot someone you will need the best on your side. If you want the contact and some back ground information on him I can get that for you.

By the way his practice is in Orlando. :) Also lets just say he is considered the authority on concealed carry, self defense, the use of deadly force and gun laws in the State of Florida by other laywers, the DA, numerous fire arm instructiors, law enforcement and judges. He is the author of a book on this topic that is in every law library in the state of Florida.

I highly recommend you do not shoot anyone with out being in "fear for your life". You will have a hard time convincing a jury that someone stealing your car caused you to be in "fear for your life". I think everyone may want to get a little educated on the way the laws work on this topic. I will say that the criminals have more rights than we do. You can believe this statement if you want or scoff at it. The statment can be backed up.

If you all want more information on this topic I can post it. If you all think you already know everything then carry on. If someone wants the contact information for the best lawyer in Florida on this subject matter then PM me and I will send it to you. Trust me, trying to figure out who you will need to represent you in court after you shoot someone is not something you want to do. This is something you will want to have worked out before that day comes and hope you will never need to use it. Believe me, if you shoot someone you will be going to court to defend yourself.

Please, please, please, make yourself familiar with gun laws for the state you choose to carry in. :)
The DA wold just be in one area, not statewide.

What is the need to carry a gun so badly? Guess I don't feel as threatened as most.

Adam

·
Registered
763 Posts
Adrocktt said:
The DA wold just be in one area, not statewide.
LOL, next time i will make them plural. ... DA's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts