Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question 1: What does your guys's oil pressure gauge sit at about? I changed out my gauge faces and none of them seem to be working quite properly.

Question 2: Where is the best place to hook up your boost gauge to. I have a mechanical Auto Meter boost gauge and i dont think its reading quite right.

Question 3: How do you know when your BOV is properly adjusted? I have a hks ssqv and i still backfire sometimes but then i also hear wastegate flutter too. Its vented to atmosphere. How do i know when to stop adjusting it?

Question 4: Why does my speedo now sags way below 0 at idle, I also think it reads way low. I go down the freeway at "60" according to my speedo and im passing traffic like no other.

Question 5: Wheres the best place to connect a manual boost controller? I dont have it connected yet, but everything ive searched for hasnt give a straight good answer.

Last one: The black can that sits in the back left corner if yur facing my engine bay has "purge" and "vacuum" on the 2 tabs on top, i think its maybe called a charcoal canister or something?? theres a hose that connects to the bottom of that... where does the other end go?

Thanks very much in advance guys, I've searched for engine bay pics to answer some of these questions but i cant find any good ones that show me what i need to see.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
iheart6bangers said:
Question 1: What does your guys's oil pressure gauge sit at about? I changed out my gauge faces and none of them seem to be working quite properly.

Question 2: Where is the best place to hook up your boost gauge to. I have a mechanical Auto Meter boost gauge and i dont think its reading quite right.

Question 3: How do you know when your BOV is properly adjusted? I have a hks ssqv and i still backfire sometimes but then i also hear wastegate flutter too. Its vented to atmosphere. How do i know when to stop adjusting it?

Question 4: Why does my speedo now sags way below 0 at idle, I also think it reads way low. I go down the freeway at "60" according to my speedo and im passing traffic like no other.

Question 5: Wheres the best place to connect a manual boost controller? I dont have it connected yet, but everything ive searched for hasnt give a straight good answer.

Last one: The black can that sits in the back left corner if yur facing my engine bay has "purge" and "vacuum" on the 2 tabs on top, i think its maybe called a charcoal canister or something?? theres a hose that connects to the bottom of that... where does the other end go?

Thanks very much in advance guys, I've searched for engine bay pics to answer some of these questions but i cant find any good ones that show me what i need to see.

1. 10-20 at idle 40+ at WOT
2. right here

3. backfire is normal..the flutter is normal too at low boost
4. your speedo cable might be on its way out..who knows..i dont have ur answer.
5. as close to the wastegate as you can get it, but still able to reach it to adjust it.
6. the hose on the bottom goes to the hole underneath it..it vents to the atmosphere.

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
picture of the engine bay..this is my first supra when it was Black, stock and old :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool thanks man, that was pretty helpful, but im wondering where do you connect the boost gauge to under the hood, what vacuum line is the best one to tap into.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts