Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
CR,7M Indio~
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys my car is a 87 t i want to change the piston rings the question is how the npr ring works on our cars is it good regular or bad ?
thank u for all ur comments! really apreciated it

El Indio

·
CR,7M Indio~
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?plz

·
Registered
302 Posts
NPR make all the rings/pistons used in the mack truck engines. i personally bought a set of chrome NPR rings for my engine. they were expensive, but all the mechanics at the shop love em.

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,210 Posts
The problem being the Cast Iron used in 7M blocks is quite hard and hard rings may never seat/bed in.

·
CR,7M Indio~
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem being the Cast Iron used in 7M blocks is quite hard and hard rings may never seat/bed in.
but do Npr piston ring have problem to support 400whp?

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
low compression = way less than 400HP...

·
Registered
302 Posts
mpr also make non-chrome rings. if you are worried about the seating issue than dont get chrome rings and they will be fine. i personally went with chrome rings

but thats just my experience with them

·
CR,7M Indio~
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mpr also make non-chrome rings. if you are worried about the seating issue than dont get chrome rings and they will be fine. i personally went with chrome rings

but thats just my experience with them

do u have the npr chrome ring part number Thanx RyanDay

·
CR,7M Indio~
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NPR Piston Ring

e564b, or swt10115zz. not sure which was the part no. but those are for .5mm over
i bought the SWT10115zz std size..i dont have choice to choose another brand of ring,since i cant find any other brand of ring in costarica so i will probably use these..i have ask some of my mechanic friends and they told me those rings is not
that hard..so i will install it and test it see how it work and i will keep post it!;)

·
Registered
842 Posts
i have npr rings and pistons in my stocker turbo motor.... 46,000 going strong.... !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts