Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup,

I have heard that the stock Acura NSX head lights will bolt directly into the mkIII supra's head light holders, and that they even have the same harness, this true? seen like two pictures of it, and just thought it looks like a sweet ass conversion that not many people have. So just lookin for some more info about it, anything helps :) (post pics too!)

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
They will probably fit but I doubt they will have the same harness. Ours only have one bulb it looks here like the acuras have 2

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, I was kinda skeptical about the harness thing, but thats just what someone said

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Looks so sweet....

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
Here you go.....

Measurements would be nice, but if that silver is really using the NSX lamps, then maybe unnec. Hey Keith!

·
...make that none again
1,932 Posts
I heard those sell for around $1200-$1500! :eek: Or it might have been the flush mounts my friend was talking about. Either way, no doubt they look awesome.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
punkybooster89t said:
I heard those sell for around $1200-$1500! :eek: Or it might have been the flush mounts my friend was talking about. Either way, no doubt they look awesome.
yea, I think he was talkin about the brand new NSX lights, the ones that don't flip up, or maybe, like you said, a flush mount kit. The ones in that pic are around $300, for what i have seen...

G

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I read about that a little while ago as well, the '91 NSX lights are supposed to bolt right up to our stock buckets - I'm not sure about the wiring though. Also, I haven't had any luck finding a place that sells the housings :( There are, however, several HID conversions if you already have the housing for a relatively good price.

·
...make that none again
1,932 Posts
fatboy said:
yea, I think he was talkin about the brand new NSX lights, the ones that don't flip up, or maybe, like you said, a flush mount kit. The ones in that pic are around $300, for what i have seen...
Ones that don't flip up=flush mount. :) $300, that's not bad at all.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
ok let me clear it up for you guys....you wont find a set of nsx headlights...that are usable at least....for less then $500 for ONE light...or maybe $800 for a pair....and im talkin the flip up ones not the new flush mount ones....

unless you find a junked nsx and are lucky enough to have the headlights still in them unmolested....dont believe me about the price? go to the nsx forums and searc the for sale section about them....or ask even. youll see.

they are a direct fit and i believe the harness IS infact the same.

you guys seem to forget that the NSX is a near $70k+ car brand new...so $1k for headlights doesnt seem much now does it.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
damn ideal, I don't know if you were tryin to sound pissed off or not, but calm down. I know a place that has a pair, $350 a side. My bad for not mentioning that I meant per side, and I was goin by memory on the price. And just cause the car cost $70k new don't mean the lights should be $1k... used... Especailly if they are similar to the ones in our cars (yea I know, "but they are HID" bla blah..) which are what, less than half the price of an NSX new? Of course the lights in the NSX are much better, im not sayin they ain't.... only real reason they cost so much is cause they are rare.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
no i wasnt mad...i was just trying to clear things up...and like i said...yeah if you look hard enough...and wait long enough you can find anything for cheap...so the fact that you found some for 700 for the set doesnt surprise me but then again thats pretty damn close to what i said now isnt it lol i said 800 for the pair.

for the most part...anything less then 800 bucks for the pair is a damn good deal on the market value of these items...... :cool:

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Ok, 700/800 for the pair, with the mounts and motors, and HID ballests and bulbs is not a bad deal. (Priced HID coversions lately?)
Also they would draw fewer amps than the stock sealed beams, and that gives you more for running amps and other stereo ICE.
They appear to only open up about 3/4 of what the sealed beam lamps do. Is that just me, or is that the case? I'd imagine you would need to remove the stock lamps and motors, and replace them with the NSX units. (Where do they mount the ballest boxes?)
This is actually a very cool mod, thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Too bad there are so few NSX's out there in the world.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know too much about it other than what I already stated, but I believe that you can use the same supra motors, but you have to shorten the length of the arm, basically it doesn't open all the way up. Thats the main reason it looks 10 times better I think.

·
My name's Scruffy.
1,566 Posts
we've been threw this, they are a direct fit, both the pop-up styles and the new 2003 and up flat slyle like the 300zx will fit as well, the harness on the pop-up styles is the same, the only thing you have to do is connect the ground to the chassis, thats it...
and you can get them for $350 and up, depending if you want them used or not

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
The flush mounts would be nice :)
Just shorter rods will do the job eh? Sounds like a nice mod. Too bad there are so few NSX's here in Idaho. (If any. I've never seen one with an Idaho plate on it.)
How many NSX's in the USA total? Wonder how many have been wrecked, and did not take out the lamps in the accident?
I bet Honda wants a few bucks for the OEM replacement.
And it would not include the ballest for HID either.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts