Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an electrical issue on a TT swap I just finished. I'm pretty sure this is a ground issue..

The problem is that when the ignition switch is engaged, only 4v is getting sent to the EFI main relay (grey wire wire is trigger, #1 pin). 4v isn't enough to kick the relay over, making all black/red's hot. This keeps the ECU from firing up, along with anything else dependent on red/black for power (basically all the sensors).

I have 12v reaching the ecu (black/yellow, BATT wire) but it's strange that such a low voltage is making it to the relay. So, my guess is a bad ground.

I know that there were 2 ground straps within the harness on my NA, both attached to the bottom of the intake manifold. In my current TT harness, I only have 1, which is near the front of the intake. I have the sinking feeling that I have missed one, but I can't see it. Before I pull the intake manifold back off and back track on the harness, can anyone confirm for me that there are indeed 2 straps on the drivers side intake manifold in a TT harness?

James

·
Medium Ballin'
3,024 Posts
There is one that bolts to the lower intake between the first and second runner and then one that bolts on the lower intake between the fourth and fifth runner I believe.

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I found the 2nd strap. Problem still exists though, now there is no voltage on #1 pin with the key in the on possition. Ugg...I hate electrical.

·
Registered
707 Posts
This might be a long shot but is worth a try. Recheck the orange plug up and to the right of your ECU in the cabin, if you disconected it when you pulled your WH. If it is not connected right it can give you a headache.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts