Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be nice to have a NW shop directory. Something which would compile a list of all the shops in the NW members regularly use from alignment, to machine work, to glass replacement, to tint. I've come to realize we know of these shops strictly through word of mouth, but it would be a nice reference to have for all to make use of.

A local shop directory would save hours of searching, and provide a quick reference directory which applies to everyone here. Are there any mods who would support such a thread? would this idea be in accordance with forum rules? I was about to put a list together based on my own personal experiences, but want to double check with the powers that be first. :hail:

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quite right - this could work well for both forums; something the whole community can benefit from.

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
Great idea Chris!!!

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Mods - if this isn't legal stop me now. Haven't had any negative response in a week, so I'm going ahead. I'll add to this list over time as I think of more quality and trustworthy businesses we can all relate to.

Starshader

Hands down the best tint shop and customer service I have seen in this line of work. His tint job will do a Supra justice. Ask for "Mick."

10305 139 Court ED 1
Puyallup, WA 98371
(253) 770-1566

Tim Noland Commercial Welding and Machine

I had Tim do my intercooler fabrication and his work was top notch. He's a fomer car guy and has been welding for 40 years, and knew exactly what I wanted done, but most importantly he knew WHY I wanted it done, and built the parts I needed better than I had designed them myself. For any type of welding, steel, aluminum, titanium, tanalum, etc. I highly recommend his work, and very reasonable rates.

720 NE Granger Ave
Corvallis, OR 97330
(541) 745-5705

Skip's Wheel Werks

Quality wheel repair at a great price. I had a set done here which had major curb rash, deep (1/4") gouges, and when I got the wheels back you couldn't tell they had ever been driven on.

http://www.skipswheelwerks.com/index.html
4560 SW 96th Ave
Beaverton, OR 97005

Willamette Powder Fab

A powdercoater local to those of us in the Willamette Valley.

29889-B Hwy 34
Albany, OR 97321
(541) 757-7567

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
What about Torque Freaks :dunno:

·
Registered
249 Posts
This would be great as a Sticky as mentioned. Also there have been a couple recomendations on body/paint shops over time but I don't really know who/where they all are. I know JimJr's car was done at a shop out in the boonies which might be nice to know if I decide to go with a widebody kit. Or a good referral to a shop that could re-shoot the car with the original color instead.

B.Kidd

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
Suggestions: You might want to consider editing your original post and putting this info in that first post. I assume you are subscribing to this post so that when some other member gives you a shop for you to consider putting on here then you could later on add it into your original post. You might later on want to organize it alphabetically and or with headings and etc... I would also suggest you put this info on the nwsupras.com

kale said:
Mods - if this isn't legal stop me now. Haven't had any negative response in a week, so I'm going ahead. I'll add to this list over time as I think of more quality and trustworthy businesses we can all relate to.

Starshader

Hands down the best tint shop and customer service I have seen in this line of work. His tint job will do a Supra justice. Ask for "Mick."

10305 139 Court ED 1
Puyallup, WA 98371
(253) 770-1566

Tim Noland Commercial Welding and Machine

I had Tim do my intercooler fabrication and his work was top notch. He's a fomer car guy and has been welding for 40 years, and knew exactly what I wanted done, but most importantly he knew WHY I wanted it done, and built the parts I needed better than I had designed them myself. For any type of welding, steel, aluminum, titanium, tanalum, etc. I highly recommend his work, and very reasonable rates.

720 NE Granger Ave
Corvallis, OR 97330
(541) 745-5705

Skip's Wheel Werks

Quality wheel repair at a great price. I had a set done here which had major curb rash, deep (1/4") gouges, and when I g

ot the wheels back you couldn't tell they had ever been driven on.

http://www.skipswheelwerks.com/index.html
4560 SW 96th Ave
Beaverton, OR 97005

Willamette Powder Fab

A powdercoater local to those of us in the Willamette Valley.

29889-B Hwy 34
Albany, OR 97321
(541) 757-7567

S

·
0 Posts
I second the recommendation for Skip's Wheel Werks - I've used them both personally and professionally with good results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts