Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my nitrous and MSD window switch is on its way as of now, and im just curious as to how the MSD digital window switch gets tied into the nitrous kit...theres two wires i believe they are gray and yellow that tie into the actual nitrous kit somehow...what exactly are they supposed to be connected to. and also im assuming the WOT microswitch is still to be connected as well?

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
sngledsupe said:
my nitrous and MSD window switch is on its way as of now, and im just curious as to how the MSD digital window switch gets tied into the nitrous kit...theres two wires i believe they are gray and yellow that tie into the actual nitrous kit somehow...what exactly are they supposed to be connected to. and also im assuming the WOT microswitch is still to be connected as well?
The window switch your going to have to play with to find your cars sweet spot. You can buy extra pills with different RPM's if the ones your kit comes with do not suite your needs. What RPM's are you planning on spraying between?
Where are you putting the arming switch?
Where are you planning on mounting the WOT switch? I had mine on the throttle body, but I think under the pedal is a better spot if I could do it all again. As for wiring the MSD box up, you need to wire it into the cars ECU to read the engine's RPMs. As for which wire on the Supra, no clue.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea its a MSD digital switch so there are no need for the pills, u can adjust it wherever...first couple of runs im just gonna spray it outta the hole from 2200-4200rpm, just to get a good 60'...after that if all goes well im gonna spray it all the way down the track from 2200-6600(need a few hundred rpms before redline)...the arming switch will be on my dash probably right under the ignition, and the WOT switch will be on the throttle body...
I know that i have to wire into the ecu for rpms, etc... but there are two other wires a gray and a yellow and they have to tie into the nitrous kit somehow, not sure 100% where they tie into on the kit

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
sngledsupe said:
yea its a MSD digital switch so there are no need for the pills, u can adjust it wherever...first couple of runs im just gonna spray it outta the hole from 2200-4200rpm, just to get a good 60'...after that if all goes well im gonna spray it all the way down the track from 2200-6600(need a few hundred rpms before redline)...the arming switch will be on my dash probably right under the ignition, and the WOT switch will be on the throttle body...
I know that i have to wire into the ecu for rpms, etc... but there are two other wires a gray and a yellow and they have to tie into the nitrous kit somehow, not sure 100% where they tie into on the kit
I don't have any experience with the digital box you speak of, but it sound interesting. I had the old fashion one where you insert the RPM's pills as you desire. Your doing a wet set-up I hope?
Why not put the WOT switch under the pedal? Less crap in the engine bay and no one will see it under the pedal.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you make a good point about putting it under the pedal, i just may do that, i HATE a crowded engine bay... and yes its a wet system

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it seems as tho i need a relay for the MSD switch, i probably wont install that just yet but ill just use the arming switch to turn it off, im not good with electronics and ill probably end up takin it to MSP n have them wire it up...

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I haven't used the digital window switch that you have, but I suspect that you wire it in the same way as the old style window switch. I like to wire it so that the WOT goes to ground as you activate it, and basically you install the window switch in the ground side of the WOT switch wiring.

So how it basically works, you mash the throttle which activates the WOT switch, it goes to ground to activate the nitrous solenoids... BUT it can not go to ground (activate) until the window switch is in it's active area (between the low and high RPM set points).

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave..is there a way where i can hook it up so i can set the RPM for it to come online as well as shut off?

·
Banned
624 Posts
ok I just got my window switch and had a few questions

white - tach - What pin is used in the fields harness for rpm?
Someone said that you could use the diagnostic port

does the yellow wire go the to ground of the WOT switch?
thanks..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts