Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
SilverTT said:
Direct port is only $50 more...is it worth it? it lets you spray as little as a 60shot. -TIM
Direct port can not be $50 more. Each nozzle is at least $50 and you would need 6 of those.

·
STREET STOMPING JEDI
1,039 Posts
NX for sure

Not to forget that direct port requires you to pull the intake manifold unless your crazy and want al those metal shavings in your motor.

I personally keep nos on the safe side and run a 50 shot wet right before the TB. I dialed it in on the dyno last weekend and it kept very smooth and consistent A/F readings. I also killed my plugs by the third run and possibly blew up my wastegate. But thats another story.

Keep in mind that when running NOS you must Gap your plugs down. I recommend .28, any higher and you risk the NOS blowing the spark out and then the likely hood of Nitrous Backfire is high! (happened to me even at that gap due the plugs getting taxed) I swapped my plugs out at the dyno and they lasted 3 runs on NOS. Total! So keep that in mind too, NOS kill splugs.

I am currently running the NX kit and really like it. The switches that the kit comes with are big gawdy hick switches but you can get something a bit more tasteful at your local electronics store.

I chose the NX kit because the selenoids on the smaller shot kits are nice and large unlike the selenoids on the NOS kits which are tiny in that shot range and basically pathetic.

Hardest part is finding a good spot to mount the selenoids anyways. I'll enclose a pic of where I mounted mine. Best spot I could find.

Hope this wasnt too winded.

Ben...

S

·
0 Posts
SilverTT said:
Ben thanks for the info...our there plugs that you can get that will work/last with running bpu and/or NOS ?
The plug should be copper, get at least one heat range colder than what your car nominally uses, and like Ben said, gap it down. Gap according on how much you squeeze, probably around 0.01" for every 10 shot. And then throw in another 0.01 or 0.02" just for the sake of it.

I use the NGK TR6s, but you may need something with a colder heat range.

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
I have a local supplier here in Houston and can get you the kit at a good price. Email me if you are interested.
Peter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts