Supra Forums banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

Drawn a bit of a blank on the UK forum on this one, so hoping someone can help :)

Symptoms: flashing O/D off light, and Slip cont off light. When this happens, Manu doesn't work, snow mode doesn't work, but O/D actually does.

The car is a facelift jspec TT auto.

I've had the dash out and removed what looked like a dodgy speedo convertor, and reset the ECU, and whilst the lights now take 30 seconds or so to start flashing after starting the car, the problem persists. What's slightly positive, is Manual mode, and snow mode do appear to work when the lights aren't flashing!

I've tried reading error codes, and the car is reporting that there aren't any. The pink wire trick, as I understand it, works because the odo buffers the speed signal, but does anyone know if this is the same on a facelift? (ie with a mechanical odo built in to the speedo?). I get the impression it's an electrical issue rather than a sensor, as it even does it when the car is stationary, so I'd also appreciate opinions on whether this is a fair assumption

Thanks,

Adi

·
Registered
11 Posts
Code 42. Best one in the book... dorman 22 gauge quick splice and voila! it's like my supra just drank from the fountain of youth!

Thanks everyone!

speed-senor-fix-bypass-odometer.jpg

-Michael

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need a hand with a 89 supra...looking to also redirect speed sensor pulse direct to the ECT ....been at it for a while and joined the forum for experienced help...sorry for the dead thread revival

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is Anyone still active on the Thread? I know it is almost 2020 - but woohoooo - this trick worked on my 1995 after unsuccesfully changing Solenoids, filter, transmission fluid ( managed to drain 5 Quarts ) etc. Need to put the Cruise Control module back in to see if it still works with this new odometer bypass.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts