Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· greasemonkey
3,341 Posts
my friend had his block o-ringed. it was 6 individual rings and he used a 2mm hks mhg. he was running 22psi and a 150shot wet system. i am thinking of o-ringing the race motor im building. i think it was $360 to have the cyclinders bored, honed, the block decked, and then o-ringed. the hot tank is $40 extra. i havent priced how much for the main saddles to be align honed but figure ~$500 total for block machine work.
william

· greasemonkey
3,341 Posts
i wouldnt use a copper hg, use a hks mhg. i have seen this combination in action and it works. i will be having my block o-ringed. i found a new machine shop that builds lots of race motors and ive seen there work. my buddy had his engine machined there and it came out awesome. the most important thing in doing this is a competent machine shop. the hks mhg has a 86mm bore which will fit around the orings. most the problems is people useing a standard gasket and the gasket sitting on top of the o-ring and not allowing all the pasages to seal properly. with the hks mhg this isnt a problem.
william

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.