Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, can someone tell me if the O2 clips on the california and federal cars are the same? Asking because I have a federal car which uses one wire and is bolted on not screwed on. Sucks because my downpipe for the turbo kit is setup for california O2 sensors. Trying to avoid fabrications, Please help. Thanks

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
the connectors are the same. The difference is the sensor... it's not cali spec or federal, it depends on the year/location...

93-96 had flanged sensors (two nuts to remove)

97+ had a threaded (put a wrench on the sensor to remove) bases.

they are interchaneable as far as the computer cares. Your one wire sensor is probably not original as the connector bodies have a 4 pin connection with all 4 used. Don't know what you've got.

I have the threaded base sensors you need, $55 shipped. paypal is [email protected]

-M

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 98mkiv. My car is a 95 se. It was all stock when I got it. I dont know why but the O2 sensors are bolt on's using the stock clip. Is your price for one or two O2 sensors and do they come with the stock clips? Please Let me know ASAP. I will PM you too.

·
miata owner...
1,367 Posts
98mkiv said:
the connectors are the same. The difference is the sensor... it's not cali spec or federal, it depends on the year/location...

93-96 had flanged sensors (two nuts to remove)

97+ had a threaded (put a wrench on the sensor to remove) bases.

they are interchaneable as far as the computer cares. Your one wire sensor is probably not original as the connector bodies have a 4 pin connection with all 4 used. Don't know what you've got.

I have the threaded base sensors you need, $55 shipped. paypal is [email protected]

-M

my car is a 95 and i dont have a flanged o2. all california supra that are 93+ are threaded base

1 - 5 of 5 Posts