Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a sensor on order form the supramania GB. But i have a question.

2 weekends ago i installed a full 3" exhaust from the elbow back.

Before i knew the sensor was blown i shimmed my wastegate with 2 fairly large bolts. With these im guess i should be running between 10-11psi because with that amount of space between my wastegate on my other supra it was at 10.

Anyway. Dispite the shimming the pressure stayed the same as stock. The car got a little louder, spooled a little quicker but the pressure didn't actually go up and there was no real power gain. Im sure they're aren't any boost leaks. I used silicone couplers on my hardpipes, T-bolt clamps, there shouldn't be any leaking but i guess its never completley ruled out.

My actual question is. With my 02 sensor disconnected is it possible i just can't get up to the increased psi? Is the car holding me back because theres no 02 connected?

I will know for sure when i get my new 02. Hopefully this week. Anybody that knows for sure chime in thanks.

·
Registered
409 Posts
is the supramania GB 02 sensor a direct replacement? no soldering or anything like that (comes with all the wiring?)

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
theres no way the 02 would hold back boost pressure. At wot its said that its ignored anyways. So, you need to look elsewhere for your problem. Get a mbc off someone and see if that works.

Ang

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
FromDaStreetz said:
I have a sensor on order form the supramania GB. But i have a question.

2 weekends ago i installed a full 3" exhaust from the elbow back.

Before i knew the sensor was blown i shimmed my wastegate with 2 fairly large bolts. With these im guess i should be running between 10-11psi because with that amount of space between my wastegate on my other supra it was at 10.

Anyway. Dispite the shimming the pressure stayed the same as stock. The car got a little louder, spooled a little quicker but the pressure didn't actually go up and there was no real power gain. Im sure they're aren't any boost leaks. I used silicone couplers on my hardpipes, T-bolt clamps, there shouldn't be any leaking but i guess its never completley ruled out.

My actual question is. With my 02 sensor disconnected is it possible i just can't get up to the increased psi? Is the car holding me back because theres no 02 connected?

I will know for sure when i get my new 02. Hopefully this week. Anybody that knows for sure chime in thanks.
I believe that the ECU automatically goes to a richer program when it's not reading the O2 sensor to protect against leaning out. I don't know if it refers to just the closed loop or not but it wouldn't make sense to try to protect just during the closed loop operation when most of the damage would be done in open loop or WOT. Richer would definately slow you down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts