Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I went to change my O2 sensor (main) today, and realized the previous owner for some reason cut the harness connector, and decided to splice the wires instead. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I looked up the wire colors/pin outs and just wanted to post it here for archive/reference purposes incase anyone else goes through this.

The O2 sensor has 4 wires, two are black, one is blue, one is white. The terminals are numbered on the connector on the sensor side.

Here is how you connect it, if yours is cut:

First column is O2 sensor side, second is engine harness side

pin/wire 1 on O2 sensor - Black/Blue stripe
pin/wire 2 on O2 sensor - Black/red stripe
pin/wire 3 on O2 sensor - White
pin/wire 4 on O2 sensor - Brown

Hope this helps someone.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
holy crap!... thanks.

I did a search and created a post a while ago, but no one chimed in. So, I think I did a shitty job. Thanks for posting.

Also, now that I am going to do this the right way, how do I take the O2 sensor completely out of the car?... I figure this way I can properly Solder and Electrical tape it or crimp it right.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
678 Posts
Someone should sticky this.

·
Banned
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey man, sorry I missed your msg. What do you mean by take it completely out of the car? Basically there are two bolts that hold the O2 sensor in the downpipe, and then just unhook the harness near the water pipe at the front of the car and it should be free.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
hmm... mine seems to run into the interior.. but I could be wrong...

i wish there were pics of the harness :)

·
Banned
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ok...that is the rear O2 sensor... I have an OBDI-I car (94 6spd), so it isn't used for anyhing so I never bother with it. :) Just replace the front one if you are OBD-I...the rear one does nothing!

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
I'm 1994 obd-1... I thought there was only 1 o2 sensor?...

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
Supradedupra said:

Also, now that I am going to do this the right way, how do I take the O2 sensor completely out of the car?... I figure this way I can properly Solder and Electrical tape it or crimp it right.

Thanks in advance
If you can avoid removing it, it should be easier.
Mine was a royal PITA to get the sensor out. Unplugging the harness is easy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts