Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what a Supra Single turbo, t61, with map ecu would run like without the o2 sensor in the exhaust. I'm trying to get mine to run decent without it in the exhaust because I dont currently have a flange to weld into the downpipe. Is that even possible or am I just wasting my time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks
Josh Perkins

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well my car is running like total shit, too much fuel I believe. I reved it the other day and it shot a 4 or 5 foot flame out the back, and it consistantly smokes black. I figured it was the o2 sensor not being mated witht he exhaust yet. hell, im confused????

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and as far as the map ecu tuning, all I know how to do is get the ecu online and plug the serial cable up. Thats about it. I'm new at this whole tuning thing.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok will do, i also might add that the car has been converted over to odb1 for easier tuning. Dont know if that might have something to do with some of my problems or not.

Thanks
Josh Perkins

·
2jz powered
1,689 Posts
Which o2 sensor are you referring to? primary or secondary?

·
2jz powered
1,689 Posts
You are going to need the primary o2 in the dp. The ecu uses the primary o2 feedback to adjust close loop fuel trim. Without it in the exhaust, the ecu thinks its running lean and is adding fuel to correct the mixture.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
but then there is a limp mode. Even with the O2 sensor disconnected you should be able to tune it so it doesn't run that rich.

My O2 failed and I ran around for 2 weeks with no O2. Car ran great, although my gas mileage suffered just a little bit. I just kept the battery in the laptop charged.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
What if you're usind wideband sensor? Could you eliminate the o2 sensor? Sorry to bring this back
I guess if you REALLY wanted to and have the car run like crap.. but NO... you really DO need the primary o2 sensor....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts