Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i wanna put a millen down pipe on my 97 tt. Is the O2 sensor in the stock cat's ? If that is true, wouldn't the o2 sensor detect theres something wrong wit the car and not let it run ? if someone could help me out, it would be great, thanx guy

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
There is one before and one after. The one after will eventually trip an engine code because it thinks the cat has gone bad and quit working. There are some little black boxes you can buy that will simulate the output of the correct signal to the computer to prevent a code. I don't know much about them since I have a 94 and don't have that problem (OBDI). Maybe some one else will let you know if they work or not.

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
You have to buy O2 simulator - connect and play...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much do they go for and where can i buy one ?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
www.mvpmotorsports.com sells it for $95. Look for it under supra then electronics.

My 94 OBDI car has two O2 sensors also. The second O2 seems to have no effect on the ecu functioning. I learned that after spending a $100 on a new O2 last year. Beginning in 96 or 97 when OBDII came into effect the second sensor will trip a code if it determines the exhaust isn't being "de-smogged" by the cat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts