Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if there's a way to bypass the heater lines on the o2 sensor? I got a new one with only 1 wire instead of 3 and my car wont run well.
I'm running without a thermostat and so the car wont heat up enough to let the o2 sensor do its thing without the other 2 wires. any ideas?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the factory replacement is $180 and i cant have it for a few days, the bosch is $34. does anyone know of another one that works?

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
What the? The coolant temp has nothing to do with oxygen sensor function. The exhaust gas will heat the sensor just fine. I used to run a cheapo replacement sensor on my last car and it worked fine.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
um

ok try this

1) put a god damn thermostat in your car
2) go buy a 40 dollar mustang LX sensor (like a 91-94) its a 3 wire one and will work fine but you will need to get a threaded bung on the dp or an adaptor from the bolt to threaded bung.
3) stop being cheap...it will only lead to your car being broken and you blaming it on the car.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It trips me out that people will go out and spend a lot of money for mods and then they want to cheap out on a o2 sensor. Think.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm ok with using any other o2 sensor. the only problem is the flange that toyota uses. i cant find it

·
Shop Tech All Around Auto
510 Posts
Iirc, the o2 sensor is threaded into the flange. You should be able to clamp the flange in a vise, screw the o2 sensor out, and screw a new one in.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
whats Iirc?

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Iirc, the o2 sensor is threaded into the flange. You should be able to clamp the flange in a vise, screw the o2 sensor out, and screw a new one in.
The STOCK FACTORY TOYOTA one does NOT come apart like the after market ones do, just go buy a universal bosch flanged 3 wire sensor... aight peace :chicken:

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
yeah, but these cars just LOVE to foul out O2 sensors

I nailed mine with a torch till the carbon burnt off, works again untill I can get a good one...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok. i found the perfect replacement.

the factory replacement is $160 at AutoZone
the same thing without the end connector is $55

Part # 234-3050 Denso o2 Sensor.

Just splice the cables into the old connector. Same thing, save $100.

To the guy who said "just go and buy the right one" SPOOLIN30 and the guy who said "stop being cheap..." IdealSupra: I am now $100 richer than you. Thanks for those 2 comments, they really helped.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
ok. i found the perfect replacement.

the factory replacement is $160 at AutoZone
the same thing without the end connector is $55

Part # 234-3050 Denso o2 Sensor.

Just splice the cables into the old connector. Same thing, save $100.

To the guy who said "just go and buy the right one" SPOOLIN30 and the guy who said "stop being cheap..." IdealSupra: I am now $100 richer than you. Thanks for those 2 comments, they really helped.
actually im 15 dollars richer than you dumbass. my mustang o2 sensor that i TOLD you to get was about 35 bucks and the bolt on bung for it was 5 bucks.

thanks anyways jackass.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
idealsupra you are right. it is cheaper, they just didnt have it and i couldnt get it for a week + so i went for the factory replacement.

I'll get that one ahead of time before, thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts