Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering does anyone have a pic of where the stock O2 wiring leads to?
All three of my O2's were dumped when I had my Toyomoto downpipe and testpipe put in,
I dind't do this work, so I don't know where the original wiring came out of.
I just want to find them now and make sure they are properly sealed up.
The O2 wires may be the cause of my short.
If you got a pic of the engine bay, could you circle the area where the wiring went,

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
cool, thanks

Or if anyone knows how to cut power to the O2's that would be just as good.
Not sure if it has a fuse.
But looking at the ecu diagram Pins 71 and 72 look like the power for the O2 heater. Not sure if this is right, cause it doesn't make since the ecu is supplying power directly to it; cause the current would need to be kinda high, no?
right now I'm guessing they may wire to a relay that supplies power to the O2 heaters, it's the only thing that would make much sense.

I just need to make sure the O2 wires aren't exposed and touching bare metal.

·
Registered
407 Posts
when doing the na-t , how many o2 sensors are involved? and what mods do you have to do to it? im starting my na-t after my school finals. haha. i read some threads etc. but still not sure. lil help plz

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got 3 O2's

right now I'm trying to figure out how t he wire up the the ecu, cause the ecu only has 2 O2 inputs...... so where does the 3rd one connect too? :dunno: :confused:

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wunmagikalpinoy:
thanks for the offer, but I fiogured it out, so don't waste your time.

If anyone is curious about the answer, there are 2 single wires (my setup is odb1) one for each Oxygen sensor
they attache to 2 different bundled looms on the engine.
Both are on the passenger side.
One high up just under cam cover.
and one alittle lower right above the altenator.

Now a new question, if both front O2's are single wire, then why is there two heater wires coming out of the ecu??
the factory diagrams don't indicate that HT1 and HT2 are + and -
they are both +

The one after the cat is 4 wire and heated so somehow both HT1 and HT2 lead to that.........
(before I was under the impression that each heater wire leads to a different O2)

still dunno how there are 3 O2's and only 2 input pins into the ecu, unless it's just not shown in the manual... :confused:

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
The Wiring book ( page 85 if you have the surpa wiring manual ) I have shows that the Cali spec rear heated O2 sensor goes to the ECU via 30A. The other main O2 sensors tap into 47B and 48B

If you have a rear sub O2 sensor ( meaning your cali-spec ) ALL of you O2 sensors should be the same 4wire sensors. You sure your harness isnt hacked or not the correct one? I have not seen a cali spec supra with any 1 wire O2 sensors.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WhiteBlazze
I think your right, the rear may not be 4 wire.
(I was just going by what xutech had told me when he installed the dp and midpipe)
I haven't looked under the car, but I did look at the original cats that were pulled off. The O2's are gone (he kept them), but looking at the holes left behind, the rear one and the front one look to be the same size and shape.
So if the rear O2 was single wire, then where do my HT1 and HT1 heater wires lead too..... :confused:

hopefully I get off work early enough today that there's still daylight whne I get home, I'll cut the ecu wires 47/48 and wire that into my wideband's narrow output.

I'll try and jack up the car over the weekend and see what happened to the rear O2's wires and make sure it's sealed up and not contacting metal.

thanks man

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Xutech....lol. No comment.

Anyways....if you have a rear O2 in the mid-pipe, than your cali spec and all of your O2 wires are 4-wire. It can not be 1 wire.

Maybe you have a midpipe from a cali car, but your supra is NOT a cali spec. Would explain why the front O2's are 1 wire.

I'd say Xutech mucked ur shit up ;)

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
WhiteBlazze said:
Xutech....lol. No comment.

Anyways....if you have a rear O2 in the mid-pipe, than your cali spec and all of your O2 wires are 4-wire. It can not be 1 wire.

Maybe you have a midpipe from a cali car, but your supra is NOT a cali spec. Would explain why the front O2's are 1 wire.

I'd say Xutech mucked ur shit up ;)
yeah figured he would have lied about that too, since he lied about everything else :rolleyes:

anyways code 14 (ignitor signal) is now gone!!!!

still have 21, 27, 28 tough not sure why
fgured at least 21 (oxygen sensor) and 27(sub oxygen sesnor) would be gone too. Do I have to drive it a while? I would have guessed disconnecting the battery should have cleared any of the old codes

I dunno what to do for 28 (#2 oxygen sensor) yet, still need to jack up the car, and see what mess is under there

but at least I shouldn't be nuking any more ignitors :bigok:

:gapteeth: :lol:

now I car stop worrying about be stranded, and continue modding again
I'll still pick up a spare ignitor tough, not sure how much damage the current one has taken :dunno: :x:

I prolly won't reintsall the MSD 6BTM tough, need to make some room under the hood for my alcohol injecjection kit
even with the battery relocated to the trunk, there's barley enough room for the tank and pump

just hope I've shaken off the curse of xutech :madf: that fucker

thanks for all the replies guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts