Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3,148 Posts
I have a stock MAF with an SP63. I have seen as high as 99.9%. On the dyno at 526rwhp I saw 97%. When I was BPU+ I think 87% was the highest I saw.

Hope this helps, Steve

Z

·
0 Posts
I saw you on 580 on Berkle before right? GReen 97 with Euro hood?
anyway, I'm OBD1 but I dont think there is a difference. mine reads around 78% at WOT with APexi AFC

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
43# is the highest I have seen in my case at BPU as well. It goes negative after that.

For those reading this thread I am taking about the MAF #/min flow rate and NOT the percentage that your AFC reports. The AFC numbers might be interesting too but I am not sure how comparable they are.

Grant from talking to Steve97TT 43# translates to around 400 bhp without transmission loss numbers. Did you ever dyno your car at BPU?

I think I got the latest version of obd-2.com software to work so I am hoping to see if 43 number can be exceeded at BPU.

Hehehe nice to have a portable dyno huh ;-)

-Kapi

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Kapi,

My obd-2.com software would do the same thing, go negative after 43. I now use a Palm Pilot logger that doesn't do that.

I dynoed 383 straight BPU + a cam gear (untuned set to -3), a 1/8" boost leak, 94 octane and no cooling.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Grant,

I just tried the new version of the software and the highest I have seen 43.164 lb/min. Using the calculator on Steves page that translates to 470 crank and assuming 20% auto loss 376 rwhp ;-). If it wasn't for the nasty 91 octane gas it could be higher.

Gotta love OBD2 when you can estimate your RWHP using it ;-)

So now that I know how slow I really am time to upgrade.

-Kapi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts