Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. My NA-T is now about 95% done, but ive run into a problem. Everything is seemingly in working order but the car's idle is rather sporatic and is running like the air/fuel ratio/map sensor is all outta whack. Im pretty damn positive the problem revolves around my VPC, but just want to confirm something before I drive back down to Phoenix tomorrow and do some rewiring. Now, owing to the fact that my car is OBDII, i used the mkiv stock injectors chip like Frankenstein suggested, however Im thinking that rather than using the gray wire from the VPC as detailed in Dave's diagram, I should be using the yellow as instructed on mkiv.com for the TT VPC install. Just wanted to confirm my feelings that the gray wire for the vpc is used on cars that are karman, obdi na's, while the yellow is for hotwire. Any help would be greatly appreciated. After I fix this she should be up and running and ill post about the conversion. Its basically some of dave's kit with the 525's, a 3mm hg, and a whole lotta other shit.

THanks

Drew

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
you have to use the yellow wire, make sure the map sensor is connected to a good vacuum source.

make sure your using the proper afc wires, dave's diagram below is for the obd1 setup.

hope this helps.

edit: i initially had the wiring hooked up with afc in the above fashion, and had some problems with the car running.

the owner of spi, recommended wiring the vpc according the to the apexi documentation (using the pressure wire of the vpc as the input to the afc). after rewiring the vpc/afc and relocating the pressure source the car runs great.

Im not sure if my initial problem was related to wiring or the pressure sensor location.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
K good. Thats exactly what I was figuring. Right now Im using the power steering line that runs from the intake manifold as the vacuum source. Should work alright, but do u have any other suggestions? Thanks again for your help

Drew

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good. Ill switch it out tomorrow. Thanks again. I'll let u know when im boostin.

Drew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts