Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how come on ebay i find obx headers and i go to their site and there is no listing for them? does anyone know if they will bolt right up without any modifications and if not what headers will??

·
Professional White Man
2,674 Posts
im pretty sure the obx is just a knock off of the pacesetter, or atleast it looks like it in the pics. Id be prepared to chop and weld it to get it to work properly.

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
OBX looks exactly like the POS Pacesetter that I got. Sorry to keep bitching about it, but it caused me a bunch of crappy problems. Make sure you get that O2 sensor bung moved or else it'll think your car is permanently stationed in Alaska.

Reactions: Xenon Supra

·
Professional White Man
2,674 Posts
and if it is like paceshitter, get that lower pipe chopped and replaced with a 2.5in pipe so you dont have a huge bottle neck.

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
I don't get it how some people say the pacesetter headers bolted right up with no issues.. while others complain :dunno:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Has anyone purchased the OBX headers off of ebay? Do they fit fine or is there any type of problem?

S

·
0 Posts
dunno know anything about that particular part.. but my cat-back for my 325i bolted up perfectly, the hangers were located in the right spots and everything.. what are the problems people are having with these headers?

·
Registered
408 Posts
ok, my experiance is......my friend bought an obx down pipe for his tt stealth for realy cheap. it is buitifull sst and the welds are great, however sst warps bad when welded. they dont account for that thus it didnt fit properly. after about 2 hours of opening the holes up and cutting and rewelding it, the thing fits perfect! realy cheap, if you own a fab shop!!! remember you get what you pay for!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well, if anyone buys or already purchased the OBX headers off ebay I would like to know what the fitment is like. 02 sensor and everything

·
Registered
583 Posts
well the 02 sensor is how many wires just lengthen it up alittle if it is off. IIRC that was the problem with the pacesetters. If you search someone made a thread with this one and the pacesetter and the doug thorley(spelling) header, i wud find it but im tired as fuck sorry guys.
thorley and pacesetter

·
Registered
501 Posts
Just need to know if anyone on the forum has purchased the OBX header, and what installation was like. Also if there are any nice hp tq gains.

·
Registered
583 Posts
oen of the most noticable mods is a header but if you want to make the mod even better just follow some of the advice given in the thread i linked, sorry if this doesnt help too much its still a pretty new product.

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
no one on this forum to my knowledge has bought the obx header. Some dude on NE supras.org was going to purchase it. I'll have to see if he updated anything yet.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well if anyone happens to purchase on OBX header for their N/A, pls pm me or e-mail me at [email protected] I need to know installation difficulty and procedure

1 - 19 of 19 Posts