Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced turbo on 8-13-03 and everythign was fine. I had to create a couple water line gaskets for the turbo since Jay Marks did not have them in stock, tested and no leaks. Anyway so now it is 10-28-03 I get home and overflow is going crazy, I pop the top and coolant comes out, open radiator and nothing but steam, I filled it up with coolant again and tested for BHG using the Leak Down Test, results were negative. WTF gives? The car is not overheating at all, I am just wondering what is up with this shit. Where do I start from?

Any help is appreciated and looking for answers quickly.

Julian

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
I dont think the thermostat can be put in backwards in our cars. One the cap side of the thermostat housing is not deep enuf for the spring. But do replace or remove it.

Kruso

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I just took apart all hosing of cooling system and thoroughly flushed out block and radiator and heater core and overflow tank till clear water was visible. In process I broke the two bolts that go to thermostat housing (This day could not get worse). Now I am going to get some more bolts for thermo housing, and replace and burp cooling system. Seriously hoping all this works well.

Julian

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,080 Posts
87tabshire said:
Now I am going to get some more bolts for thermo housing, and replace and burp cooling system. Seriously hoping all this works well. Julian
Go buy a Prestone "Flush Kit" and mount the tee at the highest heater hose up on your firewall. Remove your radiator cap, connect a hose to the new tee, turn your heater on wide open, run the car and start filling through the tee slowly. Air will burp out of the radiator, then when water flows continually, put the cap on, turn off the car and hose. Place the cap on the tee and you're good to go. This will eliminate all air in your system.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, this is what I just finished doing thanks to Trent. I was talking to him about a new radiator and stuff and he told about doing the above mentioned by Rajunz. Seemed as though Thermostat was old and shitty and did not open. I replaced it and everything is well not. I bought the 180 degree one to keep things a bit cooler.

Julian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts