Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· THE Computer DR.
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my front wheels off today due to sound of low brake pad indicators. Took passenger off first, both pads were fine with probably 85% left on both pads. Took off driver side wheel and the inner pad was about 85-90%, the outter pad was the one with the indicator rubbing.

Anyone know why this might happen? By the way, it's a TT.

· Registered
352 Posts
If the piston is sticking when you apply the brakes it can cause this. Take the caliper off, and have someone VERY GENTLY!!!!!!!! Apply the brake to see if the piston is moving properly on the said brake. If you push the piston out too far you can totally fuck it up, and will have to replace seals, etc.

· Registered
352 Posts
yes its easy, and yes you should do both sides. If you do one and not the other the braking quality might be different from side to side causing uneven wear and could pull to one side under hard braking.

· Registered
69 Posts
just got my car out the dealership for same issue. Ur brakes are wearing out ur caliper and if you feel the tip of the rotor theres probabl a lip there. Also if they are still slotted clean out the slots, helps a little but sooner or later a refurb or replace is needed. Just wait till the pads wear out unless the sound is annoying like mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.